Vodafone nightmare - small claims advice needed / ** RESOLVED **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 5 months of hours of calls to Customer Service, trips to Vodafone stores and Apple appointments I've reached a point where I think a small claims case is my only way forward. Would love to hear any advice on this and how to proceed with my case, as I've never had to do this before.

Been a Vodafone customer with no problems uptil now. Upgraded to new iPhone in October and it was quickly apparent there was a fault - 50% of calls couldn't get though to me and I often couldn't call or text without switching the handset off and on again. Vodafone initially said it was probably a local network problem but it persisted and I did hours of troubleshooting over the phone, resetting networks, software etc. Then an Apple genius appointment which also didn't work.

Phone has been sent off for repair twice, the first time the handset came back they said it was fixed, but it had exactly the same connection problems. The second time I received an email to say the phone was Out of Warranty due to liquid damage and I'd have to pay £204 to proceed with the repair. Since then I've written to the UK CEO with no response and spoken to Customer Services 3 times who all repeat the same thing. They told me I could collect the phone and have it independently assessed by an Apple technician but in order to take the phone back I have to sign papers to say that I accept that its been repaired/the reasons it hasn't been repaired. I also think its Vodafone's responsibility to provide me with the working iPhone I am paying for.. I've been told that I'll be eligible for compensation but not until the repair is fixed. Now about to pay my 5th month of bills for a phone which doesn't work.

Has anyone had similar experience and do you know how long the Small Claims process takes?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Laura

Hi, I have moved your thread to the relevant forum - you need do nothing, it is purely an administrative move.

Have you read our customer services guide? Click on the highlighted link in your own post and have a read of how to deal with Customer Services - if you did not record your calls, then you will have no proof of how they have messed you around. It might be worth one final push with a formal complaint, in writing to their head / registered office.

If you wish to issue a claim, this is relatively swift.. far swifter than dealing with one of the Ombudsmen for sure.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We do have a Vodafone rep on CAG, if you follow the instructions below and post the reference number back here on your thread, then I am sure Lee will look in on you.

To have Lee look at your situation use the email link below (no spaces) [email protected].

To make sure it reaches him quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Provide a link to your thread in the body of the email

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We do have a Vodafone rep on CAG, if you follow the instructions below and post the reference number back here on your thread, then I am sure Lee will look in on you.

Thanks for your reply Citizen B. I had no idea I had to record Customer Service calls. I think Vodafone have a record of all the contact I've made since getting the phone but I don't. I will try the CAG Rep, thanks. Would like to get this sorted without too much more hassle.

If you receive a reference number.. can you pop back here and post it in your thread :)

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't receive a reference number but have finally reached a resolution with Vodafone. My handset has been replaced free of charge and I've received an apology and compensation. The CAG Vodafone rep couldn't help and only repeated what I'd heard from the other Customer Service people. What eventually worked was writing a formal complaint (followed by an email) to the UK CEO which was then investigated by the Director's Office. They did a thorough investigation and last week I eventually spoke to someone from the Director's Office who apologised for the whole mess - the first helpful person I'd spoken to in 6 frustrating months!

Thank you for updating your thread, I am pleased to hear that this is now resolved. It is not good that you have had such a frustrating time :(

BCOBS