Received NIP for fixed camera

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cutting a very long story short

I am a part time Coach Driver and

i have a £100 fine to pay + 3 points on my licence for going through a fixed camera at 43mph instead of 30 mph ,

luckily for me there was another coach on the same job as me and the driver told me I had been flashed twice by a fixed speed camera .

I eventually received the NOIP denying me a speed awareness course because I was 1mph over the qualifying 42 mph .

so it was go to Court or agree £100 + 3 points .

Yesterday I finally received a print out of the vehic!e speeds recorded on my tachoraph digital card

and my speed through the camera was between 29 to 35 kilometre not 43 mph the fixed camera clams .

Also I had just purchased a bash for cash camera and that day was the first time I used it

having first set the time on the camera to the same time as the Tachograph

so I now have the whole event recorded.

All I have to do now is email the collection agents to tell them I am not going to pay .

Any advice would be appreciated

collection agents?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They wont believe you like that. You cant just email the collections agent. You need to plead not guilty and go to court and defend. Usually, there cameras are more accurate than your speedo, and your bash camera will do nothing and prove nothing.

Also, your tacho probably wont be ad accurate as the camera.

I fear you will have to go to court and defend, and should it be found that the camera is fine and your tacho is wrong, your looking at a fine a lot higher than the current and possibly more points too.

Not sure where you got the "email a collections agent" advice from but id forget about that if I were you.

Unless you have already had the fine and didn't pay the courts and its now on a magistrates warrant. But that's a whole different kettle of fish.