Marlin/Weightmans 2nd lloyds loan debt

mrcooper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received another letter from Marlins

this time wishing to let me know that since they have had no response from me

they have now been instructed to move my alleged debt over to Weightmans for consideration.

As it is £19k from a Lloyds loan I am expecting them to go after it heavily.

I am trying to head them off and have sent a CPR31.14 to Weightmans this week as at the moment I don't know who to send the CCA request to :?:

Weightmans have already gone down the Court route for another debt so I'm expecting them to do the same with one.

Is it worth sending an SAR to Lloyds as both my loans with them have ended up with Wightmans

or should I wait and see what the sols come back with:?:

Any advice greatly received.

If marlins have it then its a bad debt. The CCA goes to whoever is chasing you. Its very surprising that the of didn't take you to court for a debt that large.... ;)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Its probably because the OC did some dodgy stuff with my loans and although Icomplained to the Ombudsman

(didn't get anywhere with Lloyds as they stated that they didn't keep records going back that far

but it probably worried them that there was something there that they would have to explain in court!

CCA them first. And sar the oc. Be fast. These two companies can be very greedy and could go for court action. Doubtful but very possible.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

is this on your cra file?

when did you last pay anything.

nfo on the dispute would be useful too

is this one financially linked to the other with the claimform?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk

Yes it is on my cra

last paid early November 2010 so not SB

This one is not linked to the other on the Claim Form

The dispute was that Lloyds sold me 2 loans approx a year apart

- one for 20k followed by another of 15k, both to run concurrently.

I was only earning about £21k at the time plus, for the second loan, their in-branch rep made me hand write a letter

stating that I had no other outgoing debts before I could get the loan and told me the letter would be placed on my file.

When I complained that I did not think that the bank acted in my best interests, admittedly, quite a few years later to the Ombudsman,

as I wasn't as savvy back then..they directed the complaint to Lloyds as per requirements.

Lloyds answered with a very long 5 page letter saying that it was all worked out correctly

and anyway according to their scrutiny of my bank account they noted that I later got a pay rise, so what was the problem?

and that in their eyes they'd done nothing wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

:???:A quick update

I have received a letter from Weightmans in reply to my CPR

stating that they are just the solicitors for their client saying the creditor is Marlins, no mention of Cabot!)

and that as such they have no documentation on this account and that they will contact their client for the information.

I also sent a CCA to Cabot using the Marlin reference number

- strange thing is that I have received a letter in response to my CCA request from APEX

stating that they don't have the documentation but that my request is being processed

and they will place the account on hold pending its fulfilment

and that they will write to me again with an update of their progress or on completion of the required documentation?

Not sure quite where that leaves me

Means they havent fulfilled the CCA request so its a waste of time them going to court as they cant enforce any judgement. Be aware, that these companies are that low, that they will get a judgement against you if possible, even if they cant enforce it.

until/unless they magic up an enforceable agreement

they are stuffed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...