Xercise 4 less

PepparKakor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

I signed up for the 1 month minimum contract with Xercise 4 Less back in February 2014

after 3 months I decided to cancel this month to month direct debit as I had to return to my home country.

Apparently, this is not the way to proceed with this contract,

as I have just received a call requesting a payment of £220 from some credit collection company.

They claim that they have sent me many letters but since I am a university student my address changed

and I have thus not received any of the letters they supposedly have sent.

(They claim that I owe them membership since May 2014)

Is this legal??

I understand that I am liable to pay the last month termination fee but are these admin/late/cancellation fees legal?

What is the worst that will occur if I do NOT pay these fees?

Advice on how I should proceed with this matter is greatly appreciated !

(Sry for bad English, I am international student. I can clarify some parts if needs be)

-PepparKakor

Edited by PepparKakor

Firstly stay OFF the phone to any fleecing DCA who might call you regarding this.

Keep EVERYTHING in writing ONLY.

Is the gym local to you now?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Fern and welcome to CAG

Harlands added fees are nothing to worry about and we always recommend challenging them.

Speaking to the gym will get you nowhere, so deal with Harlands just now. You could write to them as follows :-

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to my membership at xxx Gym, and to your demands for payment.

I cancelled my DD mandate September 2014 because I was no longer using the facility. This is adequate notice of my desire to cancel the gym agreement as per the High Court ruling in The OFT v Ashbourne Mgt Svs Ltd in 2011.

I will not pay you any admin or Cancellation Fees as these are penalties that are unlawful and unenforceable.

I now realise I should have given a month's notice and, to remedy this, I offer to pay you a final month's fee of £9.99 for September 2014.

If you confirm in writing that you'll accept this amount in settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly. If you fail to accept my offer within 14 days or you demand any other payment, I will pay you nothing and my offer will be withdrawn.

Yours faithfully,

Send this by normal post but get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you send it. And let us know how they reply.

:-)

Would this letter be applicable for me ?

Hi Peppar and welcome to CAG

Yes, adapt that letter to show the right dates, and change anything as necessary, to reflect your own case.

Send the letter to Harlands and give them your present address.

Do not attempt to speak to Harlands or CRS - they are really the same business. Keep any contact by letter only.

Do not worry about the ridiculously high demands from Harlands/CRS. Offer to pay one month's fee and that is enough. Any amounts they try to add in admin charges are not payable or enforceable.

Let us know how Harlands reply to your letter, and we will continue to help you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)