• Tweets

• In my experience (not with car payments) but with many other things, my partner has been ill and signed off in the past and we have been unable to meet various commitments.  Naturally if you ring the call centre they are going to fob you off and tell you you must pay, that's why that never ever works. I would obtain a note from her GP listing all her health issues plus medications plus side effects, then write to the finance company with a copy of it, explaining the situation, as you have here, asking for a payment holiday. Perhaps mention that the car is very much needed for hospital appointments etc. It's likely the finance company would rather you pay till term end than, chase you for money they will never see, and sell the car at auction for a loss,  You can search some of my threads going back years, advising people to do this for Council Tax, Tax Credits, HMRC, Even a solicitors company and it always works, because contrary to popular belief people are reasonable.
    • Sorry, I haven't ever seen one of these agreements. Read it all and look out for anything that says when she can withdraw and when she is committed to go ahead. If it isn't clear she may need to call the housing provider and simply say what you posted here, she doesn't want to go ahead and how does she withdraw her swap application?
    • Thank you! Your head is like a power bank of knowledge.  Her health issues are short term, due to a relationship breakdown she took it pretty hard and has been signed off work on medication for 3 months. She only started her job in February 24 so does not qualify for any occupational sick benefits, which is where the ssp only comes in. (You will see me posting a few things over the coming days, whilst I try and sort some things for her)  I sat with her last night relaying all this back and she does want to work out a plan, she was ready to propose £100 for the next 3 months and then an additional £70 per month onto of her contractual to "catch up" but Money247 rejecting the payment holiday and demanding £200 thew her, which is why I came on here.   
    • I've looked at your case specifically more.   Term 8bii reads " when, in accordance with instructions from the Customer or the Consignee, the Consignment is left in a safe place" Their terms choose to not define safe, so they are put to proof that the location is safe. If your property opens onto a street its a simple thing of putting a google earth image and pointing out that its not a safe place
    • New rules and higher rates resulted in a jump in the number of savers opening accounts at the start of this year's Isa season.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But got home to lots of bills lol

All to be forwarded to the OR.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

just when i think its over, my creditor thats a gave a personal guarantee to the sum of £29k have called today chasing the money again, i informed them that my BR was granted in court on monday 23rd at 10.55am. but they stated that a personal guarantee can be chased after BR ? or are they trying it on again.

A couple of creditors hve informed me that the outstanding amount will be cleared etc etc but the large amounts ie £29k etc told me they will not stop chasing until its paid

iam having th telephone interview on the 11/3/09 with the OR and have inform them regarding this debt, is the creditor correct that a personal guanrantee debt is for life / until paid and not aloud to be in my BR

cheers

Hi, No the debt relates to a builders merchant trade account from a company, i gave a personal guarantee so the company could trade, the company has gone under thus chasing me. and it is not secured just a personal guarantee

cheers

Questions Questions but getting their !

I have got my telephone interview on 11th March which will take about 1hr they said, what details will they be asking and what happens after the interview, also after checking we have got a secured loan in joint names on the house no funds in the house to repay, now iam BR will they chase my wife ?

cheers

They'll ask you things like what you spent the money on, and go through some of your statements. They'll ask about your house and cars etc, and they'll go through your SOA and check item and let you know if there is going ot be a IPA.

Make sure you have as much info as possible in front of you.

Regards the secured loan what is happeneing to the house?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

we are in a rented house at present and our house has tennants in it, the house is in a hugh negitive and dropped £50k off the selling price and been on the market for 1 year, rent is paid by the tennant direct to the lender now.

cheers

Today i have spoken to the OR regarding the house, to date we do not know what the house shortfall will be and we have had no offers at all in the last 12 months, or should i inform the OR and give them an estimate what it could be ?

Also with regard to the secured loans which are in joint names, now iam BR and if their is no money from the house will the loans become unsecured and chase payment from my wife ? now iam BR ?

Because if she has to repay that means another BR to sort out

cheers

You have no idea what the shortfall will be at this stage. What did the OR say about the house - I really think you need to let it go.

Once the shortfall and your IPA is sorted you can plan for your wife to go BR.

In the meantime do not sign anything from the mortgage company.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

great news NOT, i have had today a demand from HM Customs for company tax £19k which clearly can not be paid as iam now Br the company has not traded for 8 mths and due to be cleared from company house. Thye leaflet staes that unless the outstanding amount is paid they can enter our house and remove items ( joke )

where do i stand as or should i inform the OR regarding this invoice ( Company )

cheers

Called the OR today and they informed me that any paperwork ie invoices can be sent to them asap, with regard to the house itself yes its gone their are tennants trenting it at present and not sure what the OR wants to do as its in neg by £30k or more, i have not informed the lender iam BR yet letting the OR sort it out, and had another CCJ confirmed today again that is inc in BR

Once my BR is completed and sorted out, my wife is filing for BR due to the joint loans etc, i have started the paperwork using the insolventry web filing

hope to have all sort soon

cheers

great news NOT,

But this IS great news. You need every penny out in the open now. Forward everything to the OR, and anything else that you can think of that might haunt you later.

, with regard to the house itself yes its gone their are tennants trenting it at present and not sure what the OR wants to do as its in neg by £30k or more, i have not informed the lender iam BR yet letting the OR sort it out, and had another CCJ confirmed today again that is inc in BR

I agree that you need to let the house go ASAP. It could be years before you are unburdened of it otherwise.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Cheers TC & Gizmo111

Still adding and coping all paperwork for the OR, if they are not on the internet copy will the OR refuse the creditor also will the OR sort out the issue regarding the tennants or should we inform them by issueing notice to leave the house? they are still within their 6 mth tennacy lease and 2 months before it ends or should i send the OR all the tennacy details and let them sort it out, They did ask to buy the house which would be great thing as then the OR can sort out the shorfall etc etc

cheers

The OR will not give advice, only listen. They only act on what is presented to them.

It is up to you to give the tenants notice, and up to the Mortgage Co to see if they will allow the tenants to purchase.

Whichever way you play this, the OR will sort out the shortfall, but cant until you are repossessed.

You will not be discharged, or unburdoned of the worry until the house has gone, or the beneficial interest is bought by a third party. Even then you will be responsible for any arrears or secured loans.

I can think of no possible reason for you to try to keep the house.

Act now for a brighter future sooner rather than later.

Hi All,

Just updating i was confirmed BR on 23rd feb 09 and due to have the telephone interview on 11th March, and the following creditors are already targeting my wife for the repayment of the joint loans

Halifax calling 6 times every day and sending letters

Welcome calling 3 times every day even calling at 9pm on mobile and home number

Aktiv Kaptial calling every few hours

we are arranging the paperwork for my wife`s BR and hoping that this will all end soon, iam feeling better and knowing that iam BR but not looking forward to the telephone interview.

Cheers

Hi All,

I have checked my credit report and it now shows that iam BR from 23rd Feb 09, but one of the creditors has stated that it is not confirmed until the OR has completed their work, and they are demending to be repaid

are they correct in stating that until the telephone is completed, they can still be paid and chase me, and they also stated the OR can change the order ie refuse my BR order ?????

Cheers

Hi All Question,

I have confirmed BR both on my credit report and the ad posted in the london gazette, my bank manager has called regarding the company overdraft and i told him to contact the OR ( not happy chap ), he imformed me that the debt would be passed the their collections dept who would chase the repayment again told them to call the OR . I have sent to company house details to have the company removed but is their anything else i need to do regarding the company?

Cheers

Hi All

I was confirmed BR on 23rd Feb 09, and all my creditors information were included in the paperwork sent to the OR, having telephone interview next week, but one of the debt was a personal guarantee for a builders merchant the company have stated that personal guarantee`s are for life and can not be includeded in my BR and they are still chasing me every day, i told them to contact the OR but very worried about this debt.

Can they send someone to my home to take our belongings etc, after going BR some creditors just close the account straight away but this creditor seems hard and refuses to accept my BR

Help Needed, where do i stand legal as how long will the personal gurantee last or iam i right to include it in my BR ??????????????

cheers :mad: