Phones 4 U (mobile phone insurance)

TETSUO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just found this site, and realised that I also pay two monthly amounts of £7.99!!

Could anyone tell me who they wrote to or rang so I can attempt to retrieve some of the money I've paid?

Thanks!!

It might have been better starting your own thread, however the amount of £8pm could be for phone insurance, but unless you know what you are paying for, there's not a lot you can do! If it IS for insurance and you haven;t made a claim, if the amount is an error you'll probably get it all back. However, if it genuinely offers live cover for a mobile you own, this might be problematic.

Of Buzby, you're such a killjoy! :)

I got most of my money back from these guys as have everyone else. Give it a crack. Even if you only get 50% back, it's better than a kick in the nuts ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

Nah - the REAL secret is never to give these barstewards access to your bank account in the first place! A number of firms I spoke to offered annual cover for a one-off single payment of £50. Faced with this or going begging for my money back because I hadn't noticed them taking the money from me, I know which route I'd take.

• 5 weeks later...
Of Buzby, you're such a killjoy! :)

I got most of my money back from these guys as have everyone else. Give it a crack. Even if you only get 50% back, it's better than a kick in the nuts ;)

Hi Thomper,

Do you have a number I could call please?

Regards,

Sooze

• 1 month later...

I have just discovered this exact problem. I couldn't believe it - My wife asked me what the 9.99 a month was on my statement and I told her I assumed it was a bank charge. After calling my bank I then got hold of Policy Administration Services to discover this was insurance on a phone I owned over 4 years ago!!! I have spoken to Policy Admin Services requesting a refund and I didn't get anywhere with them, although I will attempt to call again and ask about seeing my contract with them. Glad I found this post - I'll let you all know how I get on.

I have just discovered this exact problem. I couldn't believe it - My wife asked me what the 9.99 a month was on my statement and I told her I assumed it was a bank charge. After calling my bank I then got hold of Policy Administration Services to discover this was insurance on a phone I owned over 4 years ago!!! I have spoken to Policy Admin Services requesting a refund and I didn't get anywhere with them, although I will attempt to call again and ask about seeing my contract with them. Glad I found this post - I'll let you all know how I get on.

Don't give up Stewbones. My daughter recently spoke to Policy Admin @ Phones 4 You, they offered £140.00 immediately, which she accepted. :D

I didn't get anywhere until I asked for a copy of the contract. I assume they have trouble finding them and back down quite quickly.

Point out to them that you are aware of many other people in a simlar position and they must be aware of their misleading policy, yet they continue to operate in the same way.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

• 1 year later...

Have you had a claim paid out by them? I'd certainly take a long hard look at any company that cold-called me to sell their services, whatever it was. If they called you on your new mobile, the chances are they were simply dialling the latest issued mobile numbers to speak to new owners to sell their services. If they do this - then the only thing you can say to recommend them was you had a claim and they paid up without a murmur of complaint. Other than that, this is simply an advert, and an ill-considered one at that.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread!!! I noticed a DD of £7.99 on my bank statement at the weekend from this Company. I telephoned then this morning and negotiated an 18 month refund totalling £143.82!!!. It was very painless !!!

Thanks again for all the advice which helped me in reclaiing some of my money!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

I have called Policy Admin Services (tel : 08448710600) and explained to them that I had made the assumption that it was a bank related payment, that I did not take out the policy, and that I would like proof of my signature on any document saying otherwise.

I also recorded the call, making them aware I was doing so, (The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 in general states "A recording made by one party to a phone call or e-mail without notifying the other is not prohibited provided that the recording is for their own use" (also all through the phone call I was randomly tapping keys on a computer keyboard to simulate everything was being written down)

They apologized and said that it would be investigated.... days 4 days later I got a call from them saying that documentation was being sent out. Few days later I got a letter stating that as they were unable to retrieve archieved documents from so long ago (2007) that they were willing to pay me £539 (52 payments that had been made since 2007) and cancel the policy with immediate effect. I too cancelled the direct debit.

result !

• 1 year later...

It recently came to my notice that I have been unknowingly charged a policy administration service of £9.99/month by Phones4U, from 4.3.2006 without my knowledge,FOR A PHONE THAT I DID NOT PURCHASE,and for an insurance product that I know nothing of, for SEVEN YEARS amounting to £839.00. This policy only ended on 5.3.2013 when Phones4U determined correctly that I no longer lived at that address in Hartlepool.

This policy was for a SONY ERICCSSON W810i Org C Black, a phone that I never purchased . I had taken this phone for a trial period and returned it within the 14 days time period way back in 2006. Yet I was charged an insurance premium of £9.99/month without my knowledge and this charge has been taken out of my a/c every month without fail for seven years, which I presumed to be a bank charge and hadn't investigated. I hadn't received any documentation about this policy during this period and knew nothing about its existence . This whole process is highly unfair and when I spoke to their customer service agent they kept me on hold for a long time without making an effort to answer the call.

:mad2::mad2: