False claim for child benefit & working tax credit & I'm expected to pay it

Arty dinmore
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you help I'm at my wits end.

From January to May 2014 I was living with a women who had claimed child benefit for one of her son's that was at college &!living away from home.

I have recently discovered that she made a false joint claim for both child benefit & working tax credit in my name,

I discovered this when the benefits agency contacted me recently for repayment of overpaid child benefit & working tax

which I haven't received or was aware of.

I have been told that the reason they have contacted me is because they have been unable to trace her as she has now moved from that address.

So somehow they have been able to track me down at another address & are now claiming I am responsible for this debt.

Signatures would be required.

Award letters are also sent to both applicants.

In a joint claim, both claimants are equally liable for any debts.

As far as I can remember, if a child is in full time non advanced education, you can still claim for them even if they are in student accommodation.

Can't find anything to confirm that though but I know that you can still claim of children go to boarding school and come home for holidays.

Could you not report this to the police as fraud and use the crime number to justify yoour position.

Im assuming there is an appela process?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.