DFS Sofa, Faults *****Resolved*****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I purchased a sofa from DFS in June 2014 via 4 yrs credit, received delivery in July. A leg has broken, the wood around the leg screw has obviously smashed, and two of the arm rests have also sunk, obviously the wood under the arm rest broke.

A upholsterer manager is coming to look at it on Tuesday. I do not wish for the sofa to be repaired, as its obviously of poor quality and not fit for purpose, and will inevitably require numerous future repairs.I would like to reject the sofa under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act and get a refund. It is not fit for purpose, unsatisfactory quality and is unsafe (i hurt my neck when the sofa leg collapsed). Am I eligible to reject, considering i have had the sofa over three months? Please advise me:)

Many Thanks

Hi blackwhite

Welcome to CAG

There is a DFS Rep on this site if you wish to make contact.

You could ring Lauren Head Office Customer Service Tel: 01302 330365

Yes, you can reject it, amend the following template, send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-get-a-refund-if-your-item-is-faulty-

When the Upholsterer Manager visits on Tuesday, tell him that your rejecting the sofa, under SOGA 1979.

Take some pics of the areas of concern before he calls.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just updating the board on the query I raised above in October. I heeded the advice above and sent two letters. I received pleasant telephone calls from both head office and the branch. An upholsterer manager visited and inspected, again very nice manner, polite and professional, offered the sofa to be repaired, which I declined. He accepted my choice, although did his job and explained thoroughly what a repair would entail. He said that he would contact his manager, who would deal with it. The manager visited me at home and inspected the sofa, again a very nice man. He went over the option of repair, but without feeling under pressure or intimidated I declined and requested a refund. He agreed to a full refund and collection of the faulty sofa. As I had purchased it via finance company, it took about 4 weeks from I reported the fault until I received the money I had already paid towards it (which I did not expect) and my finance cancelled.

I must say after reading a lot of posts on the web about DFS, I was extremely anxious about the prospect of asking for a refund and standing my ground, but I can honestly say DFS staff both in person and telephone assistants were very nice, helpful, professional and sympathetic about the fault. Many thanks to this web site!! And hope this reassures others in similar situations. Good luck!