• Tweets

• Resume payments with the debt collectors? You say not to pay dca though do you not? 
    • yes they mostly would be enforceable, but that wasnt the point. even if they get a CCJ the very worst they could have done is get a restriction k which is useless to them. doesnt hurt anything. the CCJ would remain on file for 6yrs yes, but then gone same as a DN. the rest k charge does not show at all. and even so, the idea was to get your debts issued a default notice ASAP, them RESUME payments.. the advise is NOT conflicting, just you don't read things properly or understand.  oh well. dx
    • This is the dilemma I had then and still have it. The bit that stopped me was the post 2015 comments about them being enforceable now in most instances which I feel hasn’t been answered unless I am missing something. the bonus I guess is not all credit agreements now will be chasing me so less people chasing me down so to speak. this is the problem as there is conflicting messaging out there it is hard to plan a strategic way forward 
    • In 2017 my wife was given PIP and I finally, officially, became her carer. In 2019 she was reviewed and we were told it would be done by phone to make it easier for her as she has mobility issues and anxiety. The review was very simple, Has anything changed? No, ok, we'll stay as you are then. In 2022 a second review, this time by phone again but with an awkward given at the end for 5 years. Today, we got a new review letter (I know wait lists are bad, but I dont think the wait will take til 2027 for a decision). We're a bit confused because it's a letter, not a phone call as before. The form is just questions that ask "has anything changed" Now, since 2017, nothing has changed except we had our home adapted via disability grant. This was noted in the phone calls. So we should really write that nothing has changed in the last 2 years. The adaptations have been mentioned in both previous phone reviews, but not in writing so I guess we should bring it up. But we feel that they want us to explain everything as if it were a new claim again... And are worried if we miss something in the original claim or the phone calls she will risk losing part of the award (a 2 point swing could be really bad) It does just say "has anything changed?" But in dealing with ESA prior to getting PIP, answering the question asked "has your condition worsened or improved" at a review process with a simple "no, I'm still the same" somehow led to ESA ending and needing appeal. So just want a bit of guidance. How much detail is needed? Is minimal ok? Or should we be blunt with the fact nothing has changed, and bullet point the things she struggles with in each section?   I know the obvious thing is to just explain it all,but over 10 years the sheer amount of times the poor woman has had ESA or PIP stopped/refused just because something was missed out in their report, or they felt it meant a new claim should be made, or that they judged her healthy because we missed a tiny thing in our forms. During COVID it finally seemed like it was all just going to be smooth, especially with the phone reviews and the 5 year reward, but here we are. We just want to make sure we have the least chance to trip ourselves up, but making sure we have what is expected if you get me? I wish I still had a copy of the forms from 2017, because I could just verbatim copy them and add in about the adaptation, but (ironically) we lost our photocopies we kept of them when the house was being adapted
    • might of been better to have got them all defaulted 2yrs ago as we carefully explained before then you'd already be 1/3rd there and your current issue would not be one.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Everlasting Boilers Claimform - ***Claim Struck Out ***Now a 3rd and 4th Claim

leerob695
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to drag such an old post up

After recieving the notice of discontunuance from both the court and A shade greener on 3/10/2014

imagine my suprise when this morning ANOTHER claim form for the same thing they have discontnued drops on my door mat

Can they keep sending me claim forms for the same thing in years to come and please can you tell me how i word my defence

Thanks in advance again hopefully this time it will be put to bed for good

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are their particulars exactly the same again leerob695 ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Use your previous defence then and edit accordingly....with the addition that the claim has already been issued (date ) claim number (xxxxx) Court (xxxxxx) and discontinued by the claimant (date)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Can they keep doing this is it legal

After all different amounts or not it is the same thing? I thought they needed permission from a judge to go back to claim stage

They do if it is a direct copy of the previous claim...hence my question were their particulars exactly the same...the figures are irrelevant.

And if they keep doing the same, you may be able to start asking for costs, especially as they discontinued before it got allocated to small claims :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

When you say a "Direct copy" do you mean the particulars of the claim

Both forms say it is a conditional sae agreement which was signed on 29/11/2013

Having looked at Both of the claim forms the description is the same and to the point the Refrence number they (the claimant) have used is the same on both of the forms

The figures are obviously pulled out of the air as well

For instance

On the discountined claim

Total Amount was £5170.52 consisting of

Missed payments and administration fees £75.00

Unpaid monthly Payments £206.52

Home visits £210

the purchase price was £4494.00

court fees £185.00

New Claim on same thing

Total Claim £4804.00

Missed Payments and administration fees £50.00

Home visits £75.00

Purchase price £4494.00

and then it says

"The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 5/4/2014 to 27/4/2016 on £4619.00 and also interest at the same rate up to date of judgmentor earlier repayment at a daily rate of £1.01."

Court fees £185.00

any help ?

It would help leerob if you scan in both claim forms (less any identifiable data)

So the obvious main difference is their claim is for section 69 interest (8%) on the new claim.

Lets refer to CPR 38.

Discontinuance and subsequent proceedings

38.7 A claimant who discontinues a claim needs the permission of the court to make another claim against the same defendant if –

(a) he discontinued the claim after the defendant filed a defence; and

(b) the other claim arises out of facts which are the same or substantially the same as those relating to the discontinued claim.

Well we would assume that they have not sought permission..therefore you must still submit a defence as you did in the initial claim but within that defence you bring to the courts attention that its a discontinued claim and that you " understand " the claimant has not sought permission pursuant to CPR 38 .7 (a)

This Company has already attempted to claim off myself in 2014 and

then discontinued it

The Previous Claim number was in my name Mr ^&%$£$££ and My

Wife Mrs &^&^%&%^ the claim Number was A2QZ464E I

submitted my defence for this claim on 27th October 2014 and i

received a copy of the notice of discontinuance on 7-11-2014

the Reference number A shade greener use is the same on Both

Claims "ROBI0244" As I understand the claimant "A shade Greener"

has not sought permission pursuant to CPR 38 .7 (a)to re-open this

claim

My original Defence from the discontinued claim (A2Q2464E) stands

and to add to that defence since the claim had been discontinued

in 2014 i have received numerous menacing letters asking for full

payment and a doorstep visit asking for payment

HOw does that sound for my defence please is that acceptable

Noo dont submit that...what date is your defence due?

Defence due 30th May...plenty of time yet.

What defence did you use last time?

Add the bit Andy Suggests to that

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I will assist you with your defence leerob695 but as you have plenty of time yet and other posters in need of immediate advice you will have to exercise a little patience here.

Make a start and do as advised and I will check it and amend if necessary.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy appreciated

I put a draft up of my defence a few posts up more or less mentioning about the matter being discontinued in the past but was told not to submit it

again thanks for your help

Yes I appreciate that but it was totally inappropriate and probably lose you the claim...take a look in the Financial Legal Success Forum for ideas of how a defence should be formated.

You have been a member since 2013 and only ever viewed 4 threads in all that time...time to help yourself.

but this shouldnt even be going to court as it has been discontinued once before so i thought that the only line of defence i needed would be to bring this to the courts attention

I cannot see how it is fair that the "defence" that i put up would lose me the case YET they havnt asked permision from a judge to take me there again

How is that right?

No because you have to be prepared that the the Court may accept the previous claim and disregard the issue...so you must defend it as a new claim with the addition of the abuse of process.

Follow the tried and trusted process..there are no short cuts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks