• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Burton Santander Store Card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

recently I SAR to santander and have received back info regarding a Burtons store card that I had,

I honestly didnt realise I had PPI on the the card as I had signed up for the card in store one day I visited Burtons.

(sales rep saying I need two signatures at the marked Xs)

what I am asking is .

.. do I have a claim for PPI,

if so could someone please advise me what to do.

I can upload images if anyone needs to have a look at terms & conditions and some statements.

Hi,

I have moved this thread to the PPI Forum, have a look at some of the threads here and you'll get some idea of whats involved.

You would then need to prepare a spreadsheet for your claim.

Then you need to complete a fos questionnaire,this is available from the fos website.

You would then send your spreadsheet and completed questionnaire to the lender who will have 8 weeks to give you a final decision.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

there have been numerous successes where people have been 'button-holed'

by sales staff in store

and nothing was ever said about PPI

the sales staff made commission each time they sold PPI.

nice bonus when the punter knows no better!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Can you tell me what spreadsheet I should use for this

... it also says I should not bother with the FOS as banks hold them in contempt..

would also appreciate any help regarding the calculation of the claim that I will put forward,

really,

any help would be gratefully appreciated.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi is there a template letter I should be using to make a formal complaint to santander.. and is it only this letter and the spreadsheet I should send to them at this time...

any advice would be welcome.

The Complaints Department

[Lender’s address]

[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref – policy number

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £xxx loan/credit card at your [branch name] branch on [date] and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £xxx over the life of the loan. [The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is …] The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ xxxx.

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

Possible additional paragraphs – include any which apply to you

[i also told your salesperson that I had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.]

[i said I did not need the PPI as my employer provides a generous illness and redundancy package.]

[You are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in the quoted interest rate, which you did not do.]

[in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.]

I do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as I did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that I did not want it.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

or

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1606652/LETTER-TEMPLATE-Mis-sold-PPI.html

and they

cover letter

FOS CQ

spreadsheet.

dx

and they

all three with the claim to satans bank

make copies mind!

don't forget you end the claim to date on the spread when the card closed or their int stopped.

then you can claim 8% via the statint sheet in the CIsheet total till they settle

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

They say purchase of ppi was on a non advised basis with sufficient information provided at point of sale...

or soon afterwards to allow me to make an informed choice..

. it also said i was asked to sign a consumer credit agreement that had an optional seperate place to sign for inclusion of ppi...

.also documents would have been sent out to me in the post providing me with full details of the insurance..

. including eligibility and exclusions...

I find this incredible that they can say these things happened or would have happened when i signed this agreement.

any help regarding what to do next would be appreciated.

they cant give basic info and then say it was non advised.

ignore all the crap about you had enough info later via every statement etc etc to see you had PPI and could have cancelled it

all that crap they all put in letters in irrelevant bumph

dx

scan the letter up.

dx

and they

Hi had uploaded files for someone to look at last night ... not sure if he has had a chance to look at them... would appreciate it if he could tell me what to do next when he gets a chance to look at them.

thank you

so why have they not answered you question

the sales rep ticked the PPI

doesn't matter it was unadvised.

what did you put in the FOS CQ?

not 1000's of mis-sale reasons I hope

the above was ALL you needed to put

dx

and they

Hi can you advise me as what to do now please.

Not sure what to do as they have rejected my claim..

The reasons are on the file that you asked me to upload to the website,

you will have seen the reasons I gave on the file and also see they have rejected these reasons..

all I have been asking for is advice on what to do next.

Can someone please advise me as to what I should do.

Have I now got to send the questionaire off to some other financial body and if so do I enclose any other information with this.

what did you put on your FOS CQ

we've not seen that here?

dx

and they

Hi these are the reasons I gave on my questionaire.

I didnt actually know that I had taken out insurance,

the sales person whom I believed to have been the manager in Burtons Store

told me that he needed 2 signatures and told me to sign at the 2Xs on the application form.

The sale took place in a Burtons Store.

I was not given any information regarding Insurance and as stated before I did not know that I had even taken insurance out on my store card.

As previously stated I was only asked for my signature at the Boxes marked with an X.

The reason I found out I had insurance was when I sent a SAR request to Santander for Information that they had on file about me ,

after I received the documents from Santander it was only then I realised I had been paying PPI on the store card they had given me.

And under the question why I was now unhappy about the insurance I gave this reason.

The reason that I am unhappy about the insurance is that I have only now found out what PPI is .

. and at the time of applying for my Burton store card nothing had been said to me about any insurance,

all that the salesperson did was tell me that he needed 2 signatures and to sign at the 2 Xs on the store card application form.

really just want to know what to do next please.

thanks

have you a copy of the agreement with these 'x''s

and they