Claimfrom Cabot/weightmans - online finance car loan 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

garry68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has received a county court claim from Cabot and i would really like her to defend this claim.

I have so far asked the court for 28 days to prepare a defense. I am now asking for your help in putting together said defense.

Please advise on what the next steps should be.

Hi

I have moved your thread to the Legal forum where the guys will be along to help as soon as they are available.

In the meantime please have a read here and post the answers to the questions raised here on your thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**

Details of the claim as follows.

This was a motor loan taken out in 2001/02.

Original creditor; On line finance.

Claimant; Cabot Financial UK Limited.

Address for sending documents and payments; Weightmans LLP 100 Old Hall St Liverpool L39QJ.

Defendant;

Claim value; £1723.16 plus cost. Total amount £1908.16.

County court; Northampton county court business centre.

Last payment to Cabot was at least 2 years ago.

We will need a lot more detail than that Gary...if you want advice.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Everything requested within the link provided in post#2 by ims21

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Name of claimant; Cabot Financial UK.

Date of issue; 19/08/2014.

Particulars of claim;

1. The defendant entered into a credit agreement described by the original creditor as On Line Finance-Motorloan and having acc no. ********(the account)

2. The claimant, a UK limited company with company number 3757424, is the assignee and legal owner of all rights previously enjoyed by the original creditor in respect of the account.

3. The defendant is indebted to the claimant in respect of the account sum of £1723.16.

4. The claimant claims the sum of £1723.16 plus costs.

Value of claim £1723.16 plus cost. Total amount £1908.16.

Claim is for a motor loan.

Original agreement taken out in 2001/02.

Claim issued by debt purchaser.

Knew the debt had been passed to Cabot but not aware of receiving a notice if assignment.

Did you receive a default notice from the original creditor? Unknown but quite likely.

No statutory notice of default sums received.

Payments to Cabot ceased at least 2 years ago.

No dispute with original creditor.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? No.

Thank you Garry I will get back to you later.

Regards

Andy

You have until the 20th Sept to submit a defence Garry...have you sent out CPR and CCA requests?

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

postal order for £1 to cabot, no payment required for cpr31.14

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

register on mcol, tick defend all, acknowledge service if you have not already done so

You MUST acknowledge by sept 6th

as Andy has already advised your defence is due Sept 20th

start reading similar threads, when you are ready post up your proposed defence for Andy to advise further

The defense is the bit that's making me nervous. I don't really know what should be put into the defense statement. I was hoping to use the fact that Cabot could not provide the original signed CCA or the fact that no agreement was ever made with Cabot.

Garry