DVLA PENALTY FOR VEHICLE SOLD IN 2003-Advice required!

traceyb71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband sold a tax exempt VW campervan in September 2003, sent off the registration slip as is required at the time.

A couple if weeks ago he received a letter saying they were incurring a penalty notice as he didn't notify them of a change of owner, which of course he did.

We sent a letter explaining when it was sold but due to the length of time that's passed we no longer had details

if the new owners details other than the eBay users name and the date.

We've now received another letter saying "although you have indicated you are no longer the keeper

if the vehicle the department has not received notification of this.

When the dept is advised that the keeper of the vehicle has changed we send an acknowledgment letter within four weeks of notification.

It is a matter for you to pursue this letter. Details of this process can be found on the V5C."

I need to respond to them by letter, however, at the time vehicle was sold it was just a V5,

so to whom did they send out the new blue V5C to, at the time it was sold it was also SORN registered,

we have never received the tax/SORN reminder for this vehicle,

if it was registered in my husbands name still surely we would have received the reminder?

Can anyone advise how I should respond to them?

No we don't have anything, all the docs went to the new owner, the vehicle was sold over 10 years ago and that's the bugbear, if it was still registered to my husband surely we would have received something from DVLA (tax reminder, new V5C) during the last ten years.

Good old DVLA gotta love their brazen attempts at emptying everyone's pockets!

IMO, I would be requesting they issue a claim through the courts where it will be robustly and successfully defended.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!