Account Closure

ash95
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a query on account closure. A&L are closing my account on 4th December. I have another account to use so i'm not that bothered. However, I would like to know if this will affect me applying for credit in the future? My credit rating is not too bad as i have checked with the CRA's. Can A&L put any notices etc on my credit rating? How does it all work. I have a letter ready to send re retaliation etc etc. Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks.

A&L MCOL Filed 10.09.06

A&L Settled in full 21.09.06 £1567.35

Lloyds Credit Card MCOL Filed 30.01.07

MCOL Issued 31.01.07

MCOL Judgement started 21.02.07

Hi all,

I have a query on account closure. A&L are closing my account on 4th December. I have another account to use so i'm not that bothered. However, I would like to know if this will affect me applying for credit in the future? My credit rating is not too bad as i have checked with the CRA's. Can A&L put any notices etc on my credit rating? How does it all work. I have a letter ready to send re retaliation etc etc. Can anyone advise on this?

Thanks.

Hello Ash

It depends why and how they are closing your acount. Are they defaulting you? If yes then that will put a huge dent in your creditworthiness for years!

Are you disputing the acount and reclaiming charges? If you are then write to them at once pointing out that as the account is in dispute then under section 13.6 of the banking Code they are not allowed to send adverse information to the CRA's or anyone else.

If you can avoid a default then do so by any means available.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6