• Tweets

• sorry I have been confused by Statute Barred meaning. I thought with Statute Barred the debt cannot be chased 6 years after you have stopped paying.  Originally I set up a payment arrangement with all the companies around 2008 when things went horribly wrong. At that time the payment arrangement was with the original creditors.  I still have one of the original creditors who I pay each month (Cap1). I thought that if you make a payment arrangement you have to stick to that situation throughout. Also, MDR (Moorcroft) have been taking a monthly payment on behalf of M & S Bank for about 5 years. When I sent MDR a CCA request I got a copy of the original agreement sent to me directly by M & S Bank about 5 weeks after my CCA request. Sorry for my ignorance but would you suggest I stop paying all including Cap1 who are the original creditor? TIA
    • London1971 without divulging too much into his mental health he has issues regarding anything to do with government and so is it ok to fill the forms provided and what do I put on there  thanks  
    • Dear all, I am hoping for some advice/guidance on this matter. I received a LoC dated 12/04/24 and replied to this on the 2/05/24 disputing claim with the following reasons: 1: [Inadequate Affordability Assessment]: I contend that your institution failed to conduct a thorough assessment of my financial circumstances prior to approving the loan. As a result, the loan amount and repayment terms were not suitable for my income and financial situation. 2: [Unsustainable Repayments]: The repayment schedule imposed by the loan agreement placed an undue burden on my finances, making it impossible for me to meet my other financial obligations without experiencing significant hardship. 3: [Lack of Transparency]: Your institution did not adequately disclose the risks associated with the loan, including any potential increases in interest rates or fees over the loan term. I also added the following: Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations, lenders have a legal obligation to conduct thorough affordability assessments and ensure that loan agreements are suitable for borrowers' circumstances. I hereby request that your institution: 1: Conduct a full investigation into my claim of irresponsible lending. 2: Provide me with copies of all documentation related to the loan application and approval process, including affordability assessments, credit checks, and correspondence. 3: Cease all collection activities related to the loan until this matter is resolved. Yesterday i received the attached reply via email and it included: 1: The Original Loan agreement 2: An account statement 3: A copy of a default notice letter. The email included a link for a direct debit set up page where you enter their reference and your bank account details (looks like a standard D/D set up page) but there is nothing to indicate the amount of the D/D that I might be agreeing to. I also think two days response time is not long enough to appropriately reply. Any thoughts appreciated   Email-compressed.pdf
    • Easy to set one up on Gov.uk , search on Google.
    • Hi London  he doesn’t have government gateway. Should we do it via post?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help for Wonga loan please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick update....

Wonga eventually emailed back after I had explained my situation and attached the I & E form from national debt line.

All they said in the email was.... if a debt management company are acting on my behalf, to get them to email them and that they want a detailed income and expenditure form etc, also no acknowledgement again that I have offered XXX per month to pay off the debt, just that they will hold any collection activity for 38 days.

I never once told Wonga that I was entering into a debt management plan etc.

So I have replied saying that I am sorting my debts out myself, yet again told them of my offer and attached the I & E form again.

I have a feeling that they are just trying to fob me off.

Thats their standard letter. Just grab their bank details and start payments to them. Email them once a week with your repayment proposal and a breakdown of what youve paid so far and whats left.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well still no payment plan in place. I got an email saying that I must log on and complete the online form and I&E form to set up a plan, however there is no option to do this anywhere on there. It is 7 days before my actual repayment date and I am getting more worried. Also, I have their email saying that they have cancelled the CPA. So, if they did actually take any money now from my card, would I be able to get it back through visa disputes? As my bank is a complete waste of time.

They do have my bank details from when they deposited the loans, does this mean they could set up a direct debit?

They cant no. Only you can. However, if you set it up, they can vary the dates/amounts.

As for CPA's, read the stickied threads on the main PDL forum. They give much greater detail including the regulations themselves and how to get a chargeback.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

After what seems like a lifetime of emails being sent to wonga, I have finally had an acknowledgement that I sent them a I&E form.

However, they are now saying that they need to discuss it further and that in order to set up a repayment plan I must ring them. I do not want to, so have said so.

Also said that if they are saying they will not set one up unless I speak on the phone, that they should put this in writing.

I'm still very worried that they can get their hands on my money as the bank still have not responded and all I have is wonga's word that they have cancelled the cpa.

I think they are using delay tactics so that I default on Monday or they can take full payment, taking me way overdrawn.

Standard crap. Keep pushing, tell them youll deal in writing only and if they still mess around, force payment on them.

Ok thanks I will keep on at them. Am I right to be worried about them taking payment or am I just being paranoid? If they do not put a plan in place soon I am just going to send my first payment on 1st anyway. I think they're trying to drag it on so that they can add interest and late fees.

They wont take payment. The FCA is watching them like a hawk. If they take payment when not allowed to, they can be closed down.

Had another email and all it says is

after reviewing your email, it is clear that the best way to help you is for you to call us.

Please ring or let us know a suitable time for us to call you to discuss your situation and help you find a solution.

I had told them that I will not be discussing anything over the phone but they are refusing to help sort this out unless I do.

I will not be bullied like this.

I have made several attempts now to arrange payments yet they don't seem interested in that.

They just want to bamboozle me on the phone.

Ignore them and pay via standing order. You dont need permission to sebd a payment. You dont even need them to agree a repayment plan if you have their bank details.

Send their reply to the FCA, pointing out that there is absolutely no need for you to talk to Wonga, that you need everything in writing and as they have been 'less than honest' with customers as far back as 2008 you feel justified in not calling them.

Thank you. I've just had this off them...

Thanks for contacting us about a repayment arrangement.

We can’t set up repayment arrangements over email so please log in to the My Account section of our website where you can set up a suitable and affordable arrangement.

If you haven’t got access to the internet or you have any questions, please call us on 0207 138 8331.

Please note, we will suspend all collections activities, including any applicable interest and charges, once you have set up a repayment arrangement. So we urge you to set up an arrangement as quickly as possible.

How hillarious is the last line? I've been trying to do this for a week now and still they refuse to set one up.

Also, the option to do it online is not even there on my account. Driving me nuts!

And so now, everyone is ignoring me. My bank never replied to my complaint and my request to cancel the CPA and block any attempts to set up any direct debits, and now Wonga are not answering any of my emails. My loan repayment is due this Monday.

Thank you. I've just had this off them...

Thanks for contacting us about a repayment arrangement.

We can’t set up repayment arrangements over email so please log in to the My Account section of our website where you can set up a suitable and affordable arrangement.

If you haven’t got access to the internet or you have any questions, please call us on 0207 138 8331.

Please note, we will suspend all collections activities, including any applicable interest and charges, once you have set up a repayment arrangement. So we urge you to set up an arrangement as quickly as possible.

How hillarious is the last line? I've been trying to do this for a week now and still they refuse to set one up.

Also, the option to do it online is not even there on my account. Driving me nuts!

they can set up repayment over email they did for me. I am now trying to do full final settlement n but they ignoring my emails. Keep pushing I copy at least 2 more contact at wonga so they all get it. Customer care. Balance offer. Collections etc good luck

True. But you dont need their permission for a repayment plan. If they to play silly games, force payment on them via standing order and tell them what they are getting.

Hi guys, I am actually Maggie's daughter....just on here with her at the moment, and bringing you all up to speed.

Mum rang me last night at 10.30 crying on the phone because she had gotten herself in a right state

over what may or may not happen in the morning ie: today.

Well, I came straight round after the call and transferred any money she had in her account

over to her savings account and all that was available was 67p.

No money has been taken and the same 67p is still there.

However, she has not received any emails, texts or calls from Wonga to say that payment has not gone through etc, which I think is strange.

She needs to put the money back in her current account for her direct debits tomorrow but is worried that as soon as any money appears, it will be gone.

When she logs on to their website, it says that they have not been able to collect payment

and that they will continue to make attempts throughout the day.

Contradicting what it actually says on their website, that they only attempt full payment once and then once more 30 days later.

Mum cancelled the cpa with Wonga over a week ago and has this confirmed in an email.

On her Wonga account there is no registered debit card listed at all. It has been removed by them.

She also wrote to the bank recorded delivery instructing them to cancel the cpa their end too, plus any direct debits that may have been set up.

She has heard nothing back from them since. This was Natwest whom were very unhelpful.

what my theory is is this,

although it says on her Wonga page that they will continue to attempt,

is this just the bog standard message that appears when someone hasn't paid by the morning,

and they have not in fact made any attempts to take payment, and will not do.

I think the ball is now in Mum's court and she should now send a payment and keep a record until the debt is paid off. Anyone agree?

Or should she be careful about putting any money back into her current account?

Thanks, Becky.

as the CPA has been formally been cancelled with the bank

if they take money

it would be an instant reversal

even NatWest are not that stupid to go against the FCA rules

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Report them to the fca. They will be very interested to see wonga are still threatening to take money even though theyve been told not to.

Hi Becky.

Maggie won't get any emails that the payment has not gone through because she has cancelled the CPA therefore they won't attempt to take any payment, Once Wonga have confirmed that the CPA has been cancelled it is then Maggie's responsibility to arrange an alternative payment method. (Please make sure this is standing order only).

I cancelled my CPA with Wonga and they didn't make any attempt to take payment on the due date (or any other date). I emailed them asking for their bank details so I could set up a standing order to make immediate payments, they gave me those details and asked me for the amount I would be paying and the 'promise date'. (this was after I had sent them a simple I/E form from the national debt line). I then TOLD them the amount I'd be paying and the promise date and I'm now paying an affordable set amount each month to Wonga via standing order.

You should email Wonga asking for their bank details as well as Maggie's loan reference number to set up the standing order (I think Maggie already has these details actually). Then it's just a case of making the payments each month but make sure the payments are comfortable amounts