3! help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is posted in wrong section, I've just received a call off debt collection for 3. They state my account has been in arrears for 3mths. However I've never received correspondence or calls in relation to it. They said I'm ignoring them. I'm not. I've offered to pay full balance on the last working day of month but yhey demanded 25% of outstanding bill yo be able to do that. They then offered me to pay £5 and they'll give me 3 days to get rest. I've never been notified as I normally pay by direct debit and neither 3 or bank have informed me of any problems. Both agent and manager were extremely rude and very unhelpful and I've now been threatened with cancellation fee of over £300! Please help what can I do as can't clear balance until I get paid. I'm shocked

You should not speak to these people on the telephone.

You should write to 3 and ask them to clarify the situation for you - why have they not contacted you previously.

Check with your bank to see why the Direct debit has failed

I am sure others will pop in and offer further advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should not speak to these people on the telephone.

You should write to 3 and ask them to clarify the situation for you - why have they not contacted you previously.

Check with your bank to see why the Direct debit has failed

I am sure others will pop in and offer further advice.

On phone to bank now they are unsure but direct debit was cancelled along with some others. They investigating. I've got a letter off template section to send to them

Thank you

So who cancelled the DD ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Perhaps you need to look further into that, you might have some protection under the Direct Debit Guarantee if it is a bank error

http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx

BCOBS

You could make a formal complaint to 3 - you need to send it to their Head/Registered office and mark it OFFICIAL COMPLAINT. They have 8 weeks to investigate and whilst doing so, should hold off any actions until the complaint has been resolved one way or another.

You could explain what you think has gone wrong - that you believe they have behaved badly by simply going direct to a DCA without informing you there was a problem. Explain that you have also asked your bank to investigate why the DD guarantee was cancelled as this certainly wasnt done by you. Why didnt 3 advise you immediately if the DD was not made when they requested it the very first time ?

You could send a separate Subject Access Request to 3 - this takes 40 calendar days and it will cost you £10.00. You are entitled to all the data in respect of your relationship with them. It should show if they attempted to take the payment - if they sent you any communication in respect of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

BCOBS

You could make a formal complaint to 3 - you need to send it to their Head/Registered office and mark it OFFICIAL COMPLAINT. They have 8 weeks to investigate and whilst doing so, should hold off any actions until the complaint has been resolved one way or another.

You could explain what you think has gone wrong - that you believe they have behaved badly by simply going direct to a DCA without informing you there was a problem. Explain that you have also asked your bank to investigate why the DD guarantee was cancelled as this certainly wasnt done by you. Why didnt 3 advise you immediately if the DD was not made when they requested it the very first time ?

You could send a separate Subject Access Request to 3 - this takes 40 calendar days and it will cost you £10.00. You are entitled to all the data in respect of your relationship with them. It should show if they attempted to take the payment - if they sent you any communication in respect of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

Thank you so much for help. I'll get on with it tonight and tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Sly bu**ers have just rang me again from a witheld number and told me not to ignore calls. I told them not to contact me via phone again and they said legally madam we can. I told them I wasn't continuing with call and that I have already sent a letter to head office re issue. She was very bullish as well so just put phone down? Can I do and say that?