Customer Compliance Interview

telemark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been on ESA in the WRAG for a few months now with depression/anxiety. Still not good at all but battling with it making sure I do the therapy, take the drugs and go to my WFIs. I've been really stressed for a week or so as I have my next WFI tomorrow and now to top it off I got a letter today telling me I have to go to a Compliance interview next week too. Does this mean someone's accused me of doing something wrong? This is all just getting too much.

Hello there.

I don't think you need to worry about Compliance, it's almost always a routine check to see if you're getting the right benefits. :) The letters look a bit scarier these days because Compliance have been merged with the investigation people.

Have a read around the forum if you can, there are lots of compliance threads where people were really worried at the beginning and found it was all fine in the end.

Hugs, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

a friend of mine had compliance interview recently she is bipolar it all went ok for her they said it was part of a random check they did ask a few questions about a recent holiday she went on they said they was informed by someone from some pictures she posted on social media site but as she also suffers with anxiety they wanted to see how bad this effected her .

she explained it to them and they was ok with it as every deserves a holiday in my eyes as i have seen what depression can cause to a person so everyone needs a little break once in a wile but they said it was all ok and they was just cheeking she was getting the right amount of benefit and that her circumstance had not changed with was all very informal.

i would not worry to much about it this site is very good for giving out help and advice and as the previous poster said you can always look at other people post and experiences of this kind of compliance interview they are all very much positive i was a browser of this site for la long time and decide to join as i think its a brilliant site for help and advice

Have been on ESA in the WRAG for a few months now with depression/anxiety. Still not good at all but battling with it making sure I do the therapy, take the drugs and go to my WFIs. I've been really stressed for a week or so as I have my next WFI tomorrow and now to top it off I got a letter today telling me I have to go to a Compliance interview next week too. Does this mean someone's accused me of doing something wrong? This is all just getting too much.

It could, possibly, mean that someone has reported you, but that's not the only reason claimants have to attend Compliance interviews. Even if someone has reported you for something, the fact that it's the Compliance team who're dealing with it suggests that they're not taking the report (if that's what's happened) seriously. There's a separate team which looks at cases where they really think there has been some fraud.

Most likely it's just routine. As mentioned, we see many posts here from people worried about these interviews and in pretty much all cases it turns out to be nothing at all to worry about. Most folks also report that the interviewers are, if not "friendly" as such, at least cordial and professional.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This was really stressing me out so I had it brought forward to before my WFI today.

It turns out the Revenue had flagged me having had paid tax on an old savings account I abandoned a couple of years ago so they wanted proof that there was nothing in the account and that it was closed. I provided evidence of this along with recent bank statements and the Compliance Officer was happy and said that would be the end of the matter.

What a day.

This was really stressing me out so I had it brought forward to before my WFI today.

It turns out the Revenue had flagged me having had paid tax on an old savings account I abandoned a couple of years ago so they wanted proof that there was nothing in the account and that it was closed. I provided evidence of this along with recent bank statements and the Compliance Officer was happy and said that would be the end of the matter.

What a day.

Well, stressful, but at least it's sorted. Thanks for letting us know what happened - it helps other posters with similar concerns.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

No problem. I thought it might be of help to others that find themselves in the same situation.

I would also add the guy was very understanding of my situation when I called him and how I would have worried myself to death if I hadn't dealt with the issue ASAP and made me feel as comfortable as he could during the interview given the circumstances.

Thank you. It's good this forum is around to help people with their worries/concerns.

Hello again Telemark.

I'm pleased it turned out to be routine. Well done for tackling it, I hope you sleep better tonight. :) And thank you for updating us.

HB