Nationwide Credit Card

Guest Botsy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to put a claim in on-line with moneyclaim.gov.uk as Nationwide have sent me 3 refusal letters on one of my accounts, they have not even bothered to respond regarding my second account with them. I contacted them direct and they told me to proceed with my claim!

Before I proceed can someone advise whether I should be putting a claim in for any charges over £12.00 or the whole amount? To date I have calculated the total charge.

So far my claim on both accounts amounts to over £3,000.

Please help! If I take this through small claims I want to know that I am claim the right amount.

Botsy

• 2 weeks later...

I started court proceedings on line for a claim against Nationwide, this was issued on 16th October. I have just checked my account and NW credited half of my original claim on the 18th Oct. I have not received any correspondence so I don't know how they have come to their calculations. They have refunded the £120 as well.

Should I persist with this claim and contact NW direct? It's not a case of being greedy, but they can't just do this can they and expect me to accept their offer without correspondence?

Has anyone else had this? Please help.

Confused:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe the conversation I have just had with a member of staff from NCCS. I wrote to them on 13th October requesting re-payment of the late payment charges levied onto my account. To date I had heard nothing from them. I contacted them by telephone to ask them why there was no response to my letter. Basically they could not justify why. The operator was rude and said that I would not be getting these charges back as I had been late paying on a number of occasions.

I found the call upsetting and intimidating. What gives these organisations the right to speak to customers in this way? Has anyone else experienced this?

I will now be pursuing my claim through MCOL.

I am hopeful as I have just managed to reclaim the charges from my flex account.

Very Very Angry Customer:x

Following on from my conversation this morning with NCCS. I have just checked the status of my credit card account and noticed that £67 was credited as a refund of charges on 23rd October. I have not received any notification on how they come to this figure, plus this is only a quarter of my original claim.

Seems to me that Banks and Credit Card issuers think they can take your money with no explanation and credit your accounts without explanation.

I intend to wait a few days to see if there is any written correspondence and continue my claim through MCOL. Has anyone else had this experience?

Very Confused Customer

Please Help!

Has anyone reclaimed charges on their credit card account with Nationwide and then had their account closed? I am very concerned that if I go through the courts again with Nationwide they will call in my balance on the credit card - £2,000! Can't afford to pay that.

They have just given notice to close my flex account after I reclaimed my charges successfully through the court.

Also, NWide paid me my claim in full on my flex account but have only offered the difference between £12 and my charges. No doubt they are just trying it on.

Worried:confused:

Yes they are trying it on with the £12, go for all of it.

The OFT have said they see it as unfair to close accounts when customers exercise their legal rights but you'd have to challenge this yourself and this looks like a lot of time and effort. I can't see any other threads with enough details on a credit card account to know if they'll close it or not. Have you considered transfering the balance to a card with another company, then reclaming the charges? Not much they can do to you then :)