O2 Offered discount that has not been applied

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently signed up to a contract with O2. I started at carphone warehouse and was offered a 4g package with a free phone for the princely sum of £37 pm. Since the provider I was looking at joining was over the road I decided to go directly to O2 to see if I could get a better deal, You'd think you would be able to! Right.

When I went over there I was told for the same network, tariff, data and same phone free the cost would be approx. £42 pm. At this point I obviously pointed out that I could get a better deal from a third party store. At this point the sales rep offered me a 30% discount on the airtime which would bring the contract in line with the offer from carephone warehouse, the only catch would be that I would have to pay the initial £42 for the first month and then a reduced rate of £36 and something. which would make the cost exactly the same.

I would usually have said if you cant match that cost I will take the other offer but because of the time spent in the shop, the fact it was late in the evening, and they had the colour phone I wanted I decided to go ahead with the deal. The sales rep even wrote on the top of the contract that we would receive a 30% discount and signed it.

We made the first payment as arrange then we changed the direct debit date to match up with our pay day. The adjusted amount seemed high but I believed it was because we had changed the direct debit date and without doing the calculation I would not have known at this stage that the price remained the same. This month the bill is still £42 pm.

I contacted O2 directly over webchat but quickly realised that they would not be able to see the contract and thought it would be better to contact the store directly and speak to the staff member who sold me the contract, after all he said if we didn't get the discount he would put me on his family and friends personally which was a bigger discount. This has left me wondering why he might say this!

I called them and he was not available but the person on the phone said he would get the manager to contact me the next day, that was Friday and I have heard nothing since.

As a side note since signing up with O2 I was not informed in store of the price rise (RPI) that was due the next month and we were sent a notification of this on the 8th day of the contract after the cooling off period. I was given the impression I was getting O2 tracks free for a year but not told this expired in December two months prior to the contract start date and was subsequently charged for this service despite the fact I never actually used it. And I keep getting text messages saying I missed a call from so and so when I have had the phone on and next to me, not sure if the signal is a problem but it is very annoying I am not recieving all my calls when I should be, the network map shows this an excellent signal area and it is also happening in other area's.

We left EE because of the signal issues we were having and now I feel I jumped from the frying pan into the fire and no longer feel I can trust this company like the trust we had with EE(T-Mobile) who we had been with for over 15 years. I no longer want a contract with O2 because I have contacted them 4 times in the last 2 months with complaints, I am far from impressed and feel mislead and undervalued as a customer.

What can I do??

Edited by JonniBravo
Spelling and Grammar