Recorded delivery problems?

cadencealex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have gone into both mine and my husbands accounts up to 2000 and can print all my bank statements off online - shame I ran out of ink though!!

Aren't these good enough to send?

They are good enough for the Inland Revenue.

hi caroline, you can only claim back the interest that resulted from the charges, the spreadsheet works it out for you.

Hi

I have printed off all statements and done a handwritten breakdown - I am terrible with the spreadsheets - and I have also written the letter needed.

Can I send the letter telling them the amount WITHOUT the breakdown or do I send that too?

And I am a little concerned - we have 6 bank accounts with the HSBC... 4 of which are business accounts - plus our mortgage/life insurance and pretty much everything else... should I be doing this? I know it is only OUR money but I think this is gonna rock the boat big time!!

Hello

Send the breakdown too, you will be asked for it at some point in any case.

It may rock the boat and only you know if you want to do this, but it is your money and you are entitled to it back. Mortgage and life insurance will be under separate contracts so should not be affected, however any overdrafts and/or business loans may be affected if HSBC decided to get petty, but this is unlikely in my experience.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Right!

Have sent off LBA and a copy of the spreadsheet requesting £1658 back - sent it recorded to Canada Square.. this is for one business

.. am sick though! I put 2005 instead of 2006 on this years accounts... DOH!!

Do u reckon they will dispute this??

Have photocopied the letters though!

I doubt it will be a problem. They are likely to either not respond to your LBA, respond with a standard 'go away, our charges are fair' response or make you an offer.

If it's either of the first two, have your spreadsheet corrected for the next stage. If it's the third option, if the offers acceptable no problem, if it's not then get your spreadsheet correct for the next stage.

If you have your statements, you don't need to send a Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). MI cofirmation is not critical.

Thanks!

I have my online statements and have sent two claims in today - one for my personal account and one for my husbands business account. I have two more accounts with HSBC that I am going to claim for but that will be in the next few days now... all the data entry is making my eyes water :rolleyes:

Some people are getting their money quicker than others - I wonder, does it matter how long you have banked with them... how you have handled your account and whether you have savings with them or other accounts?

Do these factors influence their decisions, do you think?

I really dont know what influences the banks payout timescale

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

no you don't need to order them they are available to view online. log in, go to your account and click on my statements. it brings up a list of the current year in month order, and at the bottom there is an arrow to click on for the next earlier set and so on.

Thanks for the info cadencealex:) .

I will print out my statements but I've decided to also send an S.A.R. to HSBC as well. That may sound a bit daft but for me the main reasons are:

It's a sort of 'belt and braces' approach, covering every angle.

I'm keen to follow the procedure to get back these charges to the letter, I don't want to find that I've made an accounting or clerical mistake along the way.

And lastly by requesting the statements I'll have given myself a bit more time to study the law and the procedure to work out and make my claim.

Plus, by the time I've used all that paper and ink in my printer- I'll probably have spent the £10 I'd have sent to the HSBC anyway!

Thanks once again, and good luck with your claim.

31st October 2006 S.A.R. sent to HSBC

17th November 2006 Preliminary request letter for payment made

Online statements are good if a) you have access to online banking facilities and b) if you only want to get the figures for calculation.

Making a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) under the Data Protection Act entitles you to so much more information, such as notes and evidence of manual intervention.

That aside, in the main the banks realise what is happening, and generally they are refunding the £10, and providing the requested information as 'a gesture of goodwill.'

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.