Arrow Global Limited - letter received about mystery debt? Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this, and thank you for any advice you can offer.

I have a letter in front of me, from DWF LLP on behalf of Arrow Global Limited, asking me to repay £4709.51.

There's a sentence referring to previous letters they have sent, but I haven't received anything.

It goes on to say

"We require your proposal for repayment of the above amount.

We enclose an income and expenditure questionnaire for you to complete and return with your offer of repayment within the next 7 days.

Should you wish to discuss this matter please telephone our recoveries team on 01132616178.

We look forward to receiving your reply during the course of the next 7 days".

There's also a form enclosed asking for a detailed run-down of my income, possessions, property and the like,

which I've noticed at the bottom has a section with the paragraph

"On providing the above information I/we acknowledge liability for the debt outstanding and my/our offer of repayment is:"...

To give you some background on me,

I'm very wary of credit, loans or anything similar due to hearing stories about stuff like this.

The only loans I've knowingly taken out are the finance agreements on monthly car insurance payments.

I'm not overdrawn and have only ever had my current bank account.

My cars are always bought cash, as is anything else I buy for the house.

I have a contract phone, but it's paid up to date.

I literally have no idea where this has come from.

The only thing I've noticed on finding this forum (thank God!) is that people have been contacted by this company due to debts with Orange,

and while I was with them, I don't know of any debt.

I did receive a final bill from them after paying a final bill, but after an argument with customer services it was cancelled.

I'll be honest, I know I've done nothing wrong, but I'm bricking it.

Please help!

I'm a bit wary of Noddle mate, a mate of mine signed up with them and ended up signed up to a company called Callcredit who charged him £12 a month. Is Experian the same thing?

He will have done something wrong then. Noddle is a free offshoot of Callcredit.

No matter, you can go for any of them but just make sure that you cancel any free trial before your 30 days are up otherwise you will be charged an ongoing fee.

Right, I have to wait 5 days for a PIN number to arrive by post.

So, is it possible that I could owe this money?

Surely I'd know?

I'm really naive to all this stuff,

I try to avoid credit as much as I can, my parents were always in debt,

I remember having my Megadrive taken away by bailiffs when I was 9 or 10 which might explain it.

Right, I have to wait 5 days for a PIN number to arrive by post. So, is it possible that I could owe this money? Surely I'd know? I'm really naive to all this stuff, I try to avoid credit as much as I can, my parents were always in debt, I remember having my Megadrive taken away by bailiffs when I was 9 or 10 which might explain it.

That is why you need to gather information. I don't think anyone here can say whether you owe it or not at this time.

Does their letter not give any clue as to what it is about? I guess not from what you say.

You can either sit on it and wait for your PIN number, get on to Noddle or send them the "prove it" letter here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-(Updated-21.04.2014)

Amend the template to suit.

To be honest mate, besides the "Dear Sirs" and the "yours sincerely",

what I've written above is pretty much word-for-word.

No debtor, dates, explanation of what it's for, nothing, which is what strikes me as odd.

Would you wait until they confirm that in another letter, or send that letter you linked above?

It says in that template that you put down who the alleged debt is owed to,

and I don't even know that. Surely they have to tell me that?

Thanks again for your help, damn glad I found this place!

Ok thanks.

Others may disagree but personally I would hold off contacting them until they come up with something more concrete.

If you wish to send the "prove it" letter then you will need to amend it to suit your situation so instead of stating a creditor's name you can just quote their reference number.

I think I'll wait until I get my PIN from Experian and go from there, it says I have 7 days but doesn't say anything about how they enforce that. In the meantime I'm just going to try not to panic.

I may have an inkling what this debt could be actually, never occurred to me.

I did sign a credit agreement with a firm called Drive Assist a few years ago after someone hit my car and wrote it off

(really nice, low miles, Onyx black Golf VR6 :() for a hire car to replace mine while I waited for the payout.

I gave it back after 2 months and they said they'd get the money from the 3rd partys insurers,

and I paid a £5 fee so that if they refused to pay for it, I wouldn't be liable.

Come to think of it, £80 a day (ridiculous I know but that was the price) over 2 months is roughly £4800.

I wonder if they've conveniently "forgot" that I paid that £5?

Can't help but think that if this was the debt, they'd have contacted me before,

or DWF LLP would have told me this was what it was about?

It was October 2011, and I believe it was eventually settled 50/50. Could this be it? Can't think of any way I could prove I paid that £5 except a bank statement showing the card payment if I could get one that far back?

This is literally the only thing I can think of.

Will do.

I'm gonna take your advice and sit tight and wait for another letter.

How can they send me a letter demanding I declare responsibility for a debt when I don't know where it's from?!?!

I'm sure if they could justify it, they would.

In the meantime I'm just going to try and not let it get me down :)

Hi again,

Checked my credit report and there's nothing negative showing on there at all,

everything is either ongoing credit I'm aware of like my car insurance and phone contract,

or old stuff showing as settled.

No credit searches have been done on me either,

other than a few car insurance quotes and Vodafone when I took out my phone contract.

I found a few things on this forum saying this company are linked with the MIB,

but surely if I had been declared uninsured in a car accident I'd hear about that from the MIB, or even the police?

Ever sent them a simple prove ot letter? Arrow have bought a ton of old debts which could be why theyre passing them around instead of chasing it themselves

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Never heard anything about this before so no, I haven't. Is that basically just a letter saying "Prove I owe this"?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx..xx.xxxx, please take note I do not acknowledge any debt to your client.

I have reviewed my credit records and can find nothing that leads me to believe that I have any liability to your client.

Unless you can provide unequivocal proof of liability within 7 days of the date hereon I will consider the matter closed.

Signed for post check delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Never heard anything about this before so no, I haven't. Is that basically just a letter saying "Prove I owe this"?

If you want to send the "Prove it" letter this is the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-(Updated-21.04.2014)

Just amend it to suit.

• 3 weeks later...

are all you old addresses showing on your credit file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...