Can't book holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner is a security officer and with us having 4 children, my partner decided to book October 27th off for one week, to go on a small holiday as it half term, he got refused this due to someone else on same site having this date booked, ok we decided to book august last week on bank holiday, and got told no again due to being bank holiday and site closed so security must be on and must be the regular staff, so tried a different week in August but we got no again due to same guard booking that off! We mentioned that we can not take holidays during school term and it was unfair that all the guards with out kids had booked them and my partner can't book any school holidays, we asked them to send a letter stating this to give to school, but got no it not our problem.

I'm concerned as it means he can only take time off during school term, he already has to work every weekend and only gets Monday and Tuesdays off, so barely sees children as it stands, we would like to book a small holiday for our children but are unable too, as only be guard no matter if working days of nights is booked a holiday then another guard can not be, we have spoke to the other guard and his reponse was I knew it was school holidays but I want that time off, we asked if he had holidays booked but just got nope, I know we can not get him to hangs his holiday dates but surley there has to be some reasoning with company or school authority to grant a holiday

in short, the answer is no; you have no right to priority over holidays just because you have kids, and education is of course important!

have you tried asking the employer when he *can* take holidays?

have you thought about both of you working part time instead of him full time, if the priority is both of you seeing the kids? sometimes lateral thinking is required!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

We have 2 children who are disabled , one of them have GDD and a change in his routine would not be good, my partner can not work part time company does not allow it, and I would love to work! I've even applied for lots of jobs. I even worked Monday and Friday days and my partner would stay up and take kids to school/nursery but this was temp work. But finding part time work is not easy!

If we ask when they just say send a date and we will look.