ESA moving from Wrag to Support

Lilly_Monroe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was due to hear about my medical (3rd one for ESA) 6 weeks ago.

I assume because of the mess with ATOS I am being left alone for the time being, I am in the WRAG group.

Will I get a letter telling me this or not - the reason I ask is because when I filled in my last ESA50 form I told them of some changes regards my health.

If I had been called for a medical and either failed or been left in WRAG I was going to appeal and ask to be moved over to the support group, (I think I meet some of the descriptors) so does my GP.

My questions is what do I do, wait to see if I hear I am being left in the WRAG group for the time being or what?

I know I have asked this question before, but do not think I got a clear answer (or not one I understood) which is not hard:-)

If you filled in an ESA50 then you're on the reassessment track and will hear eventually. It's just taking ages because of the backlog.

It's those that haven't had an ESA50 and are due for reassessment that are being left. someone in that that situation with a worsening condition can notify a change of circumstances and request a supersession. The whole award will be reassessed again, so there is always a chance of being found fit for work.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I was due to hear about my medical (3rd one for ESA) 6 weeks ago.

I assume because of the mess with ATOS I am being left alone for the time being, I am in the WRAG group.

Will I get a letter telling me this or not - the reason I ask is because when I filled in my last ESA50 form I told them of some changes regards my health.

If I had been called for a medical and either failed or been left in WRAG I was going to appeal and ask to be moved over to the support group, (I think I meet some of the descriptors) so does my GP.

My questions is what do I do, wait to see if I hear I am being left in the WRAG group for the time being or what?

I know I have asked this question before, but do not think I got a clear answer (or not one I understood) which is not hard:-)

Would have been easier just carrying on from your last thread "sigh"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419716-Can-I-Ring-The-DWP-for-my-medical-desision.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

If you filled in an ESA50 then you're on the reassessment track and will hear eventually. It's just taking ages because of the backlog.

It's those that haven't had an ESA50 and are due for reassessment that are being left. someone in that that situation with a worsening condition can notify a change of circumstances and request a supersession. The whole award will be reassessed again, so there is always a chance of being found fit for work.

Thanks, that makes it clear.

I know they might find me fit for work (the dreaded) especially as I have had 2 years on WRAG and they seem to move people over after that, so I will not be surprised to get the letter telling me I am ALL better:)

Nothing for it then but to carry on waiting.

Cheers.

Would have been easier just carrying on from your last thread "sigh"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419716-Can-I-Ring-The-DWP-for-my-medical-desision.

Might have been - would have been - only due to my illness I do not always think logically or rationally any more.

Sorry but it is out of my control.

:Lily_Monroe:

One thing that won't happen is a letter out of the blue to say you're 'all better' and fit for work. Jobcentreplus policy is that a claimant can't be found fit for work without a 'medical' or an invite to a 'medical'. As :estellyn: says, eventually Atos will get around to your 'medical', or decide you don't need one.

Easier said than done, cos I know you're particularly anxious about this assessment, but try not to worry. :-) We can't say how much longer you'll have to wait, so I'd consider using the time to get your craft work enterprise on the go.

Best wishes, Margaret.

:Lily_Monroe:

One thing that won't happen is a letter out of the blue to say you're 'all better' and fit for work. Jobcentreplus policy is that a claimant can't be found fit for work without a 'medical' or an invite to a 'medical'. As :estellyn: says, eventually Atos will get around to your 'medical', or decide you don't need one.

Easier said than done, cos I know you're particularly anxious about this assessment, but try not to worry. :-) We can't say how much longer you'll have to wait, so I'd consider using the time to get your craft work enterprise on the go.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks Margaret

I am lucky in so much as my WP is not overly bothering me at the moment, but it is stress.

Last week I went for some physio and got into a right mess with myself over something SO silly - the craft work seems to help me relax (that is when I do not unpick it) because my mood has changed from thinking it lovely to gross!!

I will sit and wait for my ESA whatever, and then see what I need to do next once I know their decision.

I know I am not the only one in this position, and it could be worse (a lot worse).

Thanks for being so helpful and always kind.

Lily xx

:Atos Assessments:

And here's the confirmation of :estellyn:'s advice;

http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2014/02/clarification-about-the-completion-of-work-capability-assessments/

Which Atos had to release cos Work n Pensions Ministers had no plans (and still don't) to tell claimants about the deferral of reassessments. :mmph:

Margaret.

(Occasionally claimants are treated as fit for work for non return of an ESA50 questionnaire or non attendance at an assessment that's been offered.)

:Atos Assessments:

And here's the confirmation of :estellyn:'s advice;

http://blog.atoshealthcare.com/2014/02/clarification-about-the-completion-of-work-capability-assessments/

Which Atos had to release cos Work n Pensions Ministers had no plans (and still don't) to tell claimants about the deferral of reassessments. :mmph:

Margaret.

(Occasionally claimants are treated as fit for work for non return of an ESA50 questionnaire or non attendance at an assessment that's been offered.)

Be aware I've read somewhere if ESA questionnaire are send in late benefits are being stopped it happened to someone! No trying to be a scaremonger!