Parking ticket in resident parking area.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My fiancee recently collected a ticket whilst visiting a very good friend and parking in a residents only parking area outside her immediate neighbours house. Her friend or her house mates could not locate the their parking permits, however they found one that was a few months out of date and displayed that in an attempt to show that she had the authorisation of a resident to park there.

On returning some hours later she found that she had been issued a penalty charge notice, claiming a valid parking permit had not bee displayed. Our understanding is that her friend has valid permits they and they are currently misplaced.

Would a letter confirming consent for parking from her friend and one from ourselves be sufficient for them to overturn the penalty charge notice? Is it possible for them to check their records for payment for that property?

The residents parking system should be in place to protect the interests of the residents rather than revenue generation for the local council (or its appointed agent), however in this instance my fiancee's friend has paid half toward the ticket.

Should my fiancee pay the ticket and appeal later, or is that seen as an admission of liability in the same way a speeding fine would be? The enforcement company are threatening to double the penalty if payment is not received in 14 days.

Any help on disputing this ticket would be greatfully received.

All best,

Chris.

Then it has been issued legally and fairly. Some councils will cancel the ticket but only as a goodwill gesture and only once. Theie argument will be that the warden acted with good faith and that the out of date permit showed intent to park without payment.

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have a similar problem. I received a ticket this morning for parking outside my own home for which I hold a valid permit (which is free). AsI have had a problem with a leaky wndow in my car then the holder must have come unstuck from windscreen and therfore wasnt on display.

Do I have grounds to appeal against this ticket? if he had checked council records it would show my car is registered to that address and that I hold a valid permit.

Why should i pay £30 fine for parking outside my own house and when i hold a permit.

Hi,

I can confirm to you that I have successfully appealed and claimed my money back for the parking tickets that were issued to me legally but I had to prove that I had valid residents parking permit. IN one case, I've received a ticket immediately the very next day when my parking permit ran out. i.e. Parking permit ran out on 15th Feb, I was issued a ticket on 16th Feb 10:00 befor eI ad even woken up! (I work late hours you see). However, I had renewed my residents permit and fully paid for it at least a month ago but didn't have time to switch the permits. I was even clamped! So, if you have the paperwork proving that you had valid permits, you'll get your money back.

All the best

Halime