Ford Finance / FCE Bank Charges Reclaim

jooshy87
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, pretty new to the forum so please move if in the wrong forum.

I have had previous success in reclaiming charges down the years but before all the hoo-ha with court cases.

However I had a hammering on my car finance with ford, done through FCE bank I believe back in the day with regards to late payment charges, over limit charges etc etc.

The account is since closed but was running from about 6 years ago up until 18 months ago.

Is there still any scope for me to reclaim these in this day and age?

As i'd obviously like to pursue some of my money back if its a possibility but don't want to chuck a tenner their way for a SAR if its not going to get me anywhere!

If this is the case id appreciate some guidance. Initially i think i will need to send a SAR as i have lost the majority of statements. Would this be sent to Ford Finance or FCE do you know?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Sorry you were missed.

Overdrafts are the one charge which would be difficult to reclaim. Other charges (loans, credit cards) are fair game. Even if there were no charges applied, it is still good practice to get copies of your account history which may show malpractice as well.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi silverfox, its not overdraft charges - it was car finance bought through ford credit which i believe is represented by FCE bank according to paperwork. I was paying back around £150 a month over a few years and was hit with a number of £25 charges for late/missed payments. Is there a chance of claiming these back if i go through the process?

I'm in the process of going at it with old store cards now in another thread as I've done the banks ones in the past.

if these were charged within 6yrs from today yes

outside of 6yrs, you might have issues

links are below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Similar to my other thread on Santander/RI Card charges, i have sent 2 letters to them stating i did not accept their final resolution and second time that i was willing to take an offer as a GOGW prior to taking my case to the FOS. They dismissed each of them and maintained theyre stance by directing me to the FOS.

Have i lost the battle with this one or can any one advise how to move forward? Thanks