Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi everyone I hope you can help me please.


In 2008 I left my council house to move into a private rented house.


While we had been at the house we had been behind with the rent,

but over a few months I had managed to get back up to date.


Fast forward to October 2013 we applied to get back on the council list and were turned down due to an outstanding amount of unpaid rent on our old account.

The amount was for £136.


I was certain that it was paid but wanted to make sure so that we could continue with our application for a house.


I asked the council in writing to send me my account details so that I could see what I owed and why. I didnt hear from them again.


In the end we moved to another private rented house and we claimed council tax and housing benefit,

meaning that the council had our new address (we weren't trying to hide anyway).


On Saturday morning (29th March 2014) we received a letter from Bristow and sutor for £136.

It says that we have to pay in full within 7 days, we must pay them and send any correspondence to them and not the council?


I know it is not a huge amount but I am still unable to find it within 7 days

and to be honest I have dealt with these people before from a debt that had mistakenly tried to pin on me and I don't trust them.


Can I just ask the Council to send me a statement of my old rent account and then make arrangements to deal with them by paying on their online form?


I was going to offer the council 3 payments of approx £45.50 over the next 3 months,

but if dealing with Bristow and Sutor it is as though they go out of their way to make it harder.


Thank you for reading this


Jaylie x

Edited by citizenB
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Deal direct with the council. The bailiffs just want you to come to an agreement with them so they can add their fee's on top. Contact the council and find out.

  • Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

deal with the council


not busted & stupid



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...