style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help

I purchased an electric recliner about 4 and a half years ago.

About 6months ago I gave it to my mother as I had purchased another one. We moved it ourself from my house to my mothers. About 4 months ago it stopped working. I contacted the retailer and they informed me that since it was no longer in the house to which it was delivered they did not have to cover the guarantee. This was because it was possible that we damaged it in transit.

Is this correct?

No, if it is still your property (the chair) then its location is irrelevant as it is not a fixture of the property like a boiler.

They are claiming that because we moved it it could have been damaged in transit and they are not liable for that!! They state they should not have to pay for something which we my have done and there would be no way to prove it either way.

This could well go either way in Court.

Although their terms state you cannot move the chair, they may well be unfair. BUT, you may well have damaged the chair when you moved it.

Have you considered getting an independent report/repair and then asking towards the cost of repair?

Then tell them to come out and inspect and that the proof of damage in transit lies with them, not for you to prove otherwise. The claim that it is impossible to prove either way shows that they are not convinced of their own argument. Challenge them in writing and tell them that their response will be passed on to trading standards.

Hi Tillie,

Has anyone diagnosed the fault for you.

Have you any idea what the fault may be.

Have you checked basic possibilities such as fuse, power lead, etc.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)