style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've received in the post today a 'Warrant of Execution' from Chichester County Courts for the amount of £491 to be paid by the 25th March.

I just cant pay this, I'm having really bad financial difficulties at the moment.

Is this the kind of thing where setting up a payment plan is possible? Can the bailiffs just enter my home?

I'm a bit worried, is this the same as a CCJ?

Thanks,

The County Court Bailiff although firm is usually fair. Is this for a debt you knew about? If it is and you can't afford to pay then file Form N245 at the Court to both Suspend the Warrant and to apply for a Variation Order - cost of application approx £40 and the form is obtainable from HMCTS website. It's pretty simple to fill in.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fuseo,

From the limited amount of information given it would seem that this is a County Court Judgment. For a warrant to have been issued the claimant would have had to pay a fee of approx £100 and this provides for the debt to be enforced by a County Court bailiff. Just so that you are aware, these bailiffs are employed by the court service and are NOT private bailiffs of the type that you read about on this forum. County Court bailiffs are much easier to negotiate with.

Ploddertom has correctly advised you that you can make a simple application to 'vary the order' by completing an N245 and paying the required court fees. However, there is a problem with this. Sadly, the court service have closed so many courts which are leading to county courts having dreadful backlogs and you could find that the N245 is not addressed for a few weeks (or even more). It is therefore very important that you contact the bailiff by phone or email (you should find his contact details on the letter and advise him that you are completing an N245. You should find him quite agreeable.

Please post back if you have any problems.