RLP replied to my One Liner of No Debt owed - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hello folks I haven,t been on here for a while.

After a long, long letter from RLP accusing me of using certain sites and making posts on them and threatening me with possible court action

I have just received a letter telling me to pay the full amount within 21 days or the case will be passed onto a debt recovery.

What letter do I need to send to the debt agency once I have received a letter from them.

Many thanks Paws.

pers I wouldn't bother

no debt recovery agent has any real legal powers

they just send even sillier letters

threatening to kill your nans budgie.

ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Youre almost at the end of their harassment campaign. They failed to extort money from you so are trying to get a DCA into trouble. If a DCA comes calling, send the deniability letter and tell them there is no debt, and if they continue to send you letters, you will be informing the OFT.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Where can I find a copy of the deniability letter to send to the DCA when they start there harassment campaign. Thanx paws

You have already sent the letter to RLP - see your post of 03 Jul 13. This means that if you are contacted by a DCA, the debt is already in dispute.

If you get a DCA letter, send something like this:

I refer to your letter dated (date).

Take notice that your client is aware that I deny any liability to them or any company they claim to represent. Furthermore, a speculative invoice, which is the basis of your client's claim, does not constitute a substantive debt.

I can only conclude that your involvement amounts to an attempt to apply psychological pressure on me to pay money I do not owe, which is a clear breach of your obligations under the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on Debt Collection.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

• 4 months later...

Good to know. Thanks for the update which should give a useful timeline to other people in a similar position.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 1 month later...

there no such thing as dca's in Scotland ...so........ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Its scotcall DX. Jackies DCA of choice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Snotcall are the steam on the manure pile of the bottom feeding DCAs. They have no powers whatsoever and are merely a business offering threatograms for hire. Most of their staff haven't progressed beyond using crayons but the real highflyers are allowed to use paper and scary red ink. They may even be allowed to play with the text message machine if they are very good.

Easily dealt with. Either ignore them or write and state that there is no liability to them or any company that they claim to represent.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi this is a copy of the letter that I got from bpo solutions

Re shop owner

Outstanding liability £xxx.xx

BPO reference number xxxxxxxxxx

We are instructed to recover the outstanding liability against you, which we understand is not disputed

Could you please contact us within 7 days of receipt of this letter, failing which you are at risk of our client issuing proceedings against you, which will incur further liability by way of the additional court fees, interest and legal costs.

A county court judgement, which remains unsatisfied after 30 days, may also effect your credit rating.

We therefore require your immediate proposals to settle this matter. If you are now in a position to settle the claim, you may pay £xxx.xx to BPO collections limited.

Please see below the various repayment methods we offer

Payment may be made by

Choice 1

Choice 2

Choice 3

Choice 4

We await hearing from you within the next 7 days to avoid any further action

Yours Sincerely

Graham surname not readable

Managing Director

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a template letter or the correct wording to send to this company. There is no mention of RLP anywhere on the letter it is being dealt with on behalf of the shop owners

Many Thanks Paws

Is there a template letter for this ?

There isn't a template.

Just send something simple like this:

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter dated xxxxx. Any liability to your client or any company they claim to represent is denied.

No further correspondence will be entered into.

Yours etc.

Hi HB

Yes I have had letters from RLP in the past and we have pm each other I thought it was all over as I had nothing from RLP for a long time now I have had this letter from bpo collections as anyone else had anything from bpo and if so what is there usual course of action.

Thanks

Edited by pawsforthought
Needed to add / ask more information

Are you sure the shop is getting the DCA involved, as that would be very VERY unusual. Its more likely RLP has gotten them involved.

They are not collecting for the shop.

RLP issued the "invoice" and it is that invoice which BPO are trying to collect.

They have used the wording on the letter (i.e. RE: The Shop) to scare you into thinking it is the retailer having a pop. It isn't.

Send the letter as advised previously.