• Tweets

• is the home in joint names but this is solely your debt? need far more history to be able to comment if it's paid off and was not just written of by one partly on their books and sold to anther, thus the cra file says £0. dx
    • So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Chandlers and ahouse full of disbled children CTAX debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am desperate and dont know what to do.

in january a bailff from chandlers turned up at my door and

i foolishly let him in,

he wrote out a notice of distress and inventory form

and told me i had sign it

the things on it are my tv (which blew up after a power cut)

my sofas and units from my front room

none of this would get £200 2nd hand let alone the £692.86.

i explained to him that my husband had just lost his job

and we were in the process of claiming benefit.

he insisted that i had to pay £30 (+£1 debit card charge) weekly.

i paid it but was late on occassion due to waiting for benefits i have paid ovr £150 by this point.

i then get a updated council tax bill saying that they will pay £167.46 of council tax benefit for this bill.

yesterday morning(saturday) bailliffs turned up saying they were coming to remove goods around lunchtime

with a bill for £742.86.

i tried to tell him that i had paperwork to show my husband gets jsa

and that the council have reduced the debt.

he said its not his problem and he would be back with a van.

i then started panicing as i have 6 kids (3 with disabilities)

and was frantic that they would get so distressed with strangrs in the house.

i tried to phone the council but they shut,

the bailiff offices ar shut and everyone else i phoned couldnt help.

they did not come back yesterday but

i am scared that thy cme back,

legally break in before i have had a chance to speak to council or cab.

i am hoping that somebody on here knows if i can deny entry while i get advice

please i am at my wits end

and all sorts of nasty things are going through my head i havent slept at all

Yours is probably the clearest example yet of a 'vulnerable' household.

Please try not to worry.....I will respond later this afternoon and I am sure others will as well.

PS: An example of what can happen if a debtor allows a bailiff into their home.

Contact the council and tell them and provide proof of your vulnerabilities, as in proof of benefit and children;s medical condition, also mention that their agent Chandlers has ignored the vulnerability and persisted in making impossible demands for payment and keep ramping up fees on an account that clearly should not be with a bailiffv under the National Standards. Tell them also that you are initiating a Formal Complaint regarding the actions of their agent Chandlers for which they are wholly liable both jointly and severally.

Now try not to worry, tomtubby will be able to give you some more salient advice than mine, you are in safe hands with her.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thank you. i badly need to know if i can stop them coming in until i get other advice

You can still refuse to let them in as they need to give you due notice in writing of a forced entry signed off by the council and court, contact the council first thing tomorrow and provide proof of vulnerability and follow whatever tomtubby advises to the letter. If Chandlers return before the council opens film them through an upstairs window as you tell them you are vulnerable and are giving proof to the council, to capture any threats they may then utter which you can use against them+

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thank you,

i am scared they will break in while i am on school run or putting my son on the disabled bus.

this is not the first time i have had problems with chandlers

the last time they threatened my children and

i had to pay £1200 to make them go away on a debt that was not a debt (council tax)

and was mistakenly sent to bailiffs. as once again council was closed.

they CANNOT BREAK IN FOR CTAX.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Try not to worry, Caggers will help you kick the bullies from Chandlers (who should be absolutely ashamed of themselves) into touch.

so they've spoofed you out of money before

when your household id clearly vulnerable

and now they are doing it again

the bailiffs should NOT be attending your home AT ALL>

under the vulnerable persons guidelines

the council MUST ENSURE

all its employees abide by.

id be getting a complete breakdown of past and present LO's

as if chandlers have had fees out of you

me thinks they are unlawful from day one.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i plan on going to swindon council tomorrow and the cab but i dont know what to do first.

i checked on the justice site thingy and i cant find any certification for the bailiff,

i need to know what to take with me.

also the paper he handed me yesterday is almost impossible to understand in the hand written bit.

what does the order from the council look like to allow them to force entry?

can they ONLY take the goods that are stated on the notice of distress and inventory?

and when ask for a breakdown of charges

are they specific to my case or general?

sorry to go on but this seems to the only place that has any interest in helping me.

Chel6 send this letter to chandlers adapted to suit

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account, Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were certificatedlink3.gif at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject access requestlink3.gif under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer

Ask the couxcil

how many liability orders they hold for you

When they were obtained

How much is on each of them

When they were sent to bailiffs

How much is owing on each one

Tomorrow WITHOUT FAIL contact the council give proof of vulnerability as in JSA and disabled children, and indicate to the grunt on the other end of the phone that you are contacting your councillor and MP as the bailiff has ignored the National Standards by continuing to threaten you whilst vulnerable. Your local councillor and mp can be found here http://www.writetothem.com You could always email the CEO and let him know what his councils agents Chandlers are up to

Mark it as Formal Complaint in the header and include the link to this thread in the email. I would think the email will be something like [email protected]

i will do that thank you, i know there is only this liability order because the previous one that was mistekenly sent i had to get my dad to pay when they were here as my husband was at work at the time and they had scared me enough threatening my kids that i was physically sick. after it happened i contacted the council and they said they had not known where to pay my money as i had paid a day early and over the amount so they had put it in a suspended account. i also contacted cab and thy said that i shouldnt have paid but i really had no choice. i seriousley have NO way of getting the money they reckon i owe them now so i am stuck. also the numbers are just not adding

original council tax debt £512.35

liability order cost £40

summons cost £60

updated version council tax bill says council tax support -167.46

so total debt owed is £444.90

prior to this updated council tax order i had made several payments to chandlers i total of £154.

the distress inventory says

amount due council tax £612.36

levy fee £44

walking posession fee £12

attendance/removal costs £24.50

total amount outstanding £692.86

this was when i agreed t a £30 a week (cos i had no choice)

then the letter i was given yesterday says notice of bailiiffs attendance

balance outstanding £742.86

Edited by chel6

you should not have had to of paid anything to any bailiffs on any of the LO's you have had

including that £1200 one!!

just to clarify again.

THEY CANNOT BREAK IN TO YOUR HOME.

not sure where you are getting that from

I doubt any bailiff paperwork says that.

pes i'd be awaiting TT's post later

that will wrap all the things up nicely that you need to do.

dx

and they

DX, I think the scrotum working as a bailiff and that is the best description for that despicable individual has most likely intimated that as chel let them in they can force their way in at any time. Chel they CANNOT do that end of

First thing tomorrow contact your local councillors

And local MP

they will sort the council out and put a stop to this

There is no right of entry for the bully bailiff they know that

They have acted out of line and formal complaint to the council about there agent is a must

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Don't worry get some sleep Caggers have your 6

They have not turned up yet. I am trying to get the kids sorted as normal as poss eagerly awaiting tomtubby post.

Make sure you call the council as soon as they open, don't worry about the bailiff, if he turns up don't open the door to him, but film his threats through the letterbox, and tell him so that it is on record that you are vulnerable stating the reasons, his answers will then be good evidence for that Formal Complaint you need to start.

In the meantime get those children ready and don't worry.

thank you for your support it seems like a long time until 9am, can i demand that the council call them off? before they have just said that i had to deal with the bailiff it was nothing to do with them

thank you for your support it seems like a long time until 9am, can i demand that the council call them off? before they have just said that i had to deal with the bailiff it was nothing to do with them

When you phone them tell them you are vulnerable under 2 heads, JSA, and disabled children, tell them you will bring the proof in, and remind them that the National Standards to which the council and Chandlers should be signed up to are ibeing breached by their agents Chandlers for which the council is vicariously liable for and with jointly and severally as they are aggressively enforcing against a vulnerable family. Indicate that you will be initiating a Formal Complaint.

i have beeen gong through the paperwork and attachment of earnings was issued on 12.1.14 baillif turned up and made me sign the distress and inventory on 25.01.12 my husbands job did not come to an end until 18.01.14 does ths sound right?

i have beeen gong through the paperwork and attachment of earnings was issued on 12.1.14 baillif turned up and made me sign the distress and inventory on 25.01.12 my husbands job did not come to an end until 18.01.14 does ths sound right?

Looks like they just steamed in with the bailiff, however tomtubby will no doubt be back soon with some more focused and definitive advice.

when you speak to the council it is possible they do not play ball

And you simply are speaking to someone who does not care

If that is the case don't forget

Councillors

And MP

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)