• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pen vs Lloyds TSB **TOTALLY & UTTERLY WON!**

Pen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just a update,

the hearing is on the 10th Aug not today as first thought how stupid can a person get making such a mistake. I had read the letter 4 times over so don't know why I kepted thinking it was the 6th

Els I have sent you a pm, emailed plus a phone call. Hope you get one of them. I would hate for you to go all that way today for my stupid mistake. could you please contact me so that I now you have recieved my message.

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Update on today's Disposal Hearing for Data Protection.

What can I say!!! I had to withdrawn my claim at the final hearing.

The reason for this was that the judge brought to our attention a small matter of my forgetting to sign the N1 form. Obviously, this very very stupid mistake on my part had huge consequences so rather then have the case struck out like the judge ( who was a right cow by the way) wanted to do, I thought it better to gracefully admit defeat and live to fight another day.

I cannot believe I was so stupid as to forget to sign the NI but in my defence, the Court Clerk did not notice when processing the claim. The Judge who awarded Judgement did not notice. The Judge who directed a Disposal hearing did not notice neither did the Judge at the prelim hearing. I also don't think LTSB's barrister would have noticed if the judge had not brought it to his attention and asked him if he would like to make a claim for costs.

I am sorry too everyone who has been following this case for your own S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) claims as I feel I have let you down on the most basic obvious issue of remembering to sign all forms. I can honestly say I will never make that mistake again. I did try to explain how I would have made such a mistake and offer to swear on oath that It was in fact me who completed the N1, but she was having none of it as she was not in a very good mood.

I think her closing comment's where something on the line of "if I want to play at being a solicitor then I need to act like one".

I suppose she has a fair point. it was a silly mistake to make.

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

You’re too hard on yourself Pen.

You and I both know that, having drawn the short straw and got the Friday Afternoon Judge, there was no way that you were going to get a positive result yesterday.

Judge Jeffries had more compassion and balance than this lady. Even had she not spotted the unsigned claim form, it was clear that she had pre-determined the case and had no intention of ‘wasting’ any more of her time than absolutely necessary. As Tanz says, she could have simply passed the application over to you for signature, there and then.

The fact that LTSB's lawyer produced a skeleton defence, like a rabbit out of a hat, didn't seem at all improper to the judge. You were given no opporunity to state that LTSB had failed even to attend the two previous hearings.

Her ‘lecture’ at the end I found deeply offensive. Had she taken the trouble to ask you some sensible questions, she would have known of your success with previous claims and, perhaps, not been as critical.

As I have said before, another day, another judge, a different result.

You'll win the next one.;)

Els

• Haha 1

Hi Els.

just to let you know. O/H phoned the court after I had told him what had happened mainly because I was in a right old state by the time I arrived home. Apparently all the court staff were informed of what had happened in the court room and was absolutely disgusted. a official complaint has gone in and the officer who deals with it is going to check out the recording. the staff where lovely and wanted to send me some flowers which i declined.

I feel only sorrow for that judge, who ever she was.

cases won

Taz.

i love your hugs. glad you gave me 2, I could do with all the one's i can get at the moment lol:)

cases won

Hey Pen, Hugs from me too, squeeze tight, feeling for you:)

Come on girl, that Judge:( and for everyone else to feel for you that they wanted to send flowers:) .

Perk up, its all good, and no way have you let anyone down, you are an inspiration, don't stop, we are all doing our bit, and we will get theregroup.gifgroup.gif

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Remus, how sweet. thank you. i don't know if it is just me or does it depress everyone at some point during the process. A girl from the court chambers did phone me this morning and adviced that i make a appeal or at the very least write to the judge asking for the case to be reinstated. It all takes such a long time and to get to the final hearing only to be knocked back on something I had forgotten to do is so disapointing.

at least I'm getting plenty oh hug's:) there worth there weight in gold.

thanks remus.

• Haha 1

cases won

Even if you keeep winning and everything goes as planned you can still get very down - I sometimed rant that I shouldn't have to be put through all the stress and worry all the time! It can take over your life -

But you were under tremendous stress that day - before you went in and I notice you have, as usual, been very modest about your day - I know that in that someone elses eyes you are a hero and deserve a medal;) - sod the judge :-x - she has to live with being a horrid person(edited what I wanted to really say!!), you may have "lost" this round but you will win it again later and you can truthfully say you did some good that day - unlike her!

Don't be hard on yourself - you havn't let anyone down!

Sue x :p

ps. where do group hugs come from - I would love to give you some - but I will join in the ones above - can I be the one 2nd from the left!?!?

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:D Halifax Bank...December 2006 ..... WON! 1 week after N1 filed.

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:p Nationwide.........April 2007 Nationwide.......WON, 3 weeks after N1 filed.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

:smile:HSBC - full settlement ...on behalf of my son...

Pen - you made a silly mistake and that is that!! The judge was clearly an old witch! You must make a formal complaint against her (you have all the proof you need of her unreasonable behaviour in the transcripts) and get the case re-instated. I absolutely loathe arrogant people like this woman - she needs to remember who she is! Virtually anyone could become a judge, in fact, with your new qualification and recent experience, you would probably make a good one! Keep your pecker up, it's not the end of the world. ;)

Hear! Hear!

If I have been of any help to you please be kind enough to click on my scales! Thank you

:eek: Lloyds TSB....... April 2007 Lloyds TSB.....WON, 1 day before prelim. court date, still went before judge.

:rolleyes: Nat West....June 2007 (on behalf of friend) Settled after LBA and before filing.

Hi everyone. peter my inbox is empty now, what has happened is that remember those emails i was getting a while back ! well they have stopped but I am now getting PMs requesting help instead.:rolleyes: see I do need my inbox size increasing after all:) I am having to clear space everyday. Gary are you paying attention!!lol

Sue, the hugs are great, I also want to know where you get them from!!

Calm, she was a witch, i see her face in my sleep every night.

Right back to my claim: someone a while back had mentioned that it's the local branch who hold all personal details pre 6 yrs in their vaults. I did not follow this lead through since the claim was in the court arena but since I have had to withdraw my case i though what the heck and called them.

I spoke to a very snotty assistant who informed me that it would take one member of staff months to find one persons banking history so basically i said tough you only have 40 days which has well been and gone and you are breaking the law by not supplying them to me. She then informed me that who ever gave me the information that the local branch hold these details is wrong. I informed her that it was the data Information dept of LTSB who informed me so it was left that she would look into it and get back to me. Well!!!

this morning I received a very nice letter from my local branch informing me that they are currently collating all my statements for the last 10 yrs, on our joint account and that i will have to collect them from the branch in 10 days time this is a start!! any other accounts I will have to pay the fee of £10 each. if I want information on my PEP I have to write to Scottish Widows in Edinburgh, enclosing another £10 as all this information has been sent to them when the took over. If I want info on my endowment mortgage I have to write to Cheltenham Gloucerter in Glouserter enclosing another £10 and if I want info on my Personal Loans I have to write to Homeloans in Andover enclosing yet another £10. she has gave me the address of all the departments I need to write to. Doing it this way may produce results note I only say may but!!!! it's going to cost me a fortune and why I have I had to go through the whole court process from dec06 for them to tell me this now. what a joke why can not my local branch collate all the information I want for one £10 fee???

cases won

Now that Pen is back in the groove and terrorising LTSB again, I’ll tell you all what happened last Friday.

Pen was waiting for me to arrive at court and was having a cuppa in a café just by the court entrance. A lady, who turned out to be a member of the court staff, stumbled and fell into the doorway of the café. She received a terrible wound to her face as her head struck the metal door frame. Pen, with no thought for herself, went to her aid immediately and tended to her until an ambulance arrived. The wound was such that constant pressure was needed to staunch the flow of blood and Pen, who was cradling the stricken woman’s head in her lap, was in no position to leave her.

When I arrived a few minutes after this happened, it was obvious that there was a danger that we would be late into court for the hearing. I went to the court reception desk, told the ushers what had happened and asked them to inform the judge that we might be a few minutes late. I suggested that, if we were indeed late, the judge might consider postponing the hearing until later that day or, if that was inconvenient, another day.

We stumbled into court 10 minutes after the appointed time, apologising profusely to the lady judge. As you can imagine, Pen was by then very agitated and upset and in no condition to present her case properly.

The judge made no concession at all for what had happened, was unwilling to take Pen’s state of health or state of mind into account, would not allow me to speak on Pen’s behalf and, finally, had the brass neck to deliver a lecture on bringing a case to court. Not much reward for a selfless act.

I have since written to the Court Manager to register my dismay at the way Pen was treated by the judge, as has Mr Pen, who was furious that his wife should be treated so shabbily.

Els

What an absolute disgrace. The judge is obviously a first class prat. Of course, there are stronger words to use but I don't want to get into trouble; for a change!

Perhaps she was gannin' oot on the hoy and wanted to get home to change into her glad rags.

:p Well done elsenor, glad you exposed Pen for the hero she is !!!! She is very modest, hope that judge doesn't need a BAGGER to help her out of a predicament, she will be out of luck! Nasty piece of baggage...I hope that someone puts her onto this thread and lets her see her handywork...

WELL DONE PEN! glad you are on LTSB case again!!

Sue:p

Els, you missed out my parking ticket :D :D :D I have hidden it form O/H in case he goes loopy:) Also I never told you but when I got out of the car outside my home a bird **** on my head, is that meant to be lucky:eek: recieved your letter this morning and thought it was fantastic, that poor judge won't know what hit her. thanks Els

cases won

Els, you missed out my parking ticket :D :D :D I have hidden it form O/H in case he goes loopy:) Also I never told you but when I got out of the car outside my home a bird **** on my head, is that meant to be lucky:eek: recieved your letter this morning and thought it was fantastic, that poor judge won't know what hit her. thanks Els

Definately not a good day pen.

Pen

I've been a bit distracted with other stuff lately, so not posted much on site.

Just wanted to say, that although I didn't post any commiserations just after what happened, I've been watching events intently

Disgraceful, and very unfair the way you were treated. Any reasonable person can see that such events were not bourne of an impartial adherance to procedure, but rather an obvious attempt to dismiss or avoid dealing with the actual issues at hand.

The judges anger, frustration and weariness in dealing with yet another case of this type should have been vented at the true culprits, rather than at somebody simply looking for justice.

I wish you all the best of luck in resolving this matter, and even though you do have some great help, if there is any way I can help, don't hesitate to ask.

PM

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Blimey Pen! Only you could manage the drama that became your court appearance!! If someone doesn't make a film out of this it would be such a waste.......... Very nearly PMP when you added your footnote regarding the parking ticket!!:D As Tanzarelli said, not a good day!

Oh and thanks for the info regarding 10 years' statements - that will come in very handy as I know my partner was all over the place in those four years as well (divorce, etc).

Hi calm, your welcome!!!!

What do you recon a Drama or a Comady:D :D

cases won