Barclaycard debt - Double default on the same debt?

aquila
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a quick question on a credit card debt I was defaulted on in 2008. I am aware that after 6 years it should disappear off the credit file, but is there any chance that the original defaulting bank - Barclays in this case, could apply for a re-default since I haven't paid the debt off fully?

The reason I ask is because I checked on older Experian pdf credit report circa 2012 that I had saved, and under the relevant section, under 'default amount' the amount was like £2500 and under the current balance, it was like £2520 or something, so like 20 pounds difference. Could Barclays, or any DCA that bought the debt, re file for a default simply because those 2 amounts were different by like 20 pounds, and claim the new default was different, even though it was the same debt but only 20 pounds difference?

Thanks again all.

Absolutely NOT, a debt can only be defaulted once and the original date cannot be changed.

The default amount should be that posted by the original creditor.

So no worries on this

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks a lot for the quick reply brigadier2jcs, but that's kind of what I was referring to.

My worry is that, because the 'default balance' shows £2500 and 'current balance' shows like £2520, which is like £20 difference, could Barclays or another DCA who bought the debt simply re-default me

and say look his balance is different now from his original default balance,

let's default him again, because nobody can say anything to us because his balance is different to his original balance?

Edited by aquila

It definitely cannot be defaulted again, this is just a "clerical" error.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Based on the agreement/contract e.g. failure to make contractual payments.

IT WILL NOT BE DEFAULTED AGAIN!!

Place a notice of dispute on CRA files.

Sorry I am no trying to be difficult what do you mean place a notice of dispute on CRA files,

what I am talking about hasn't actually happened, I was just asking if it was POSSIBLE to happen...

Yes if it did happen.

One debt, one default date that cannot be changed.