02 opening accounts in my brothers name without taking ID and won't close them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if people can help out with the situation my brother has been facing with 02 for the last couple of years.

Someone in London opened up accounts both personal and business accounts within his name, getting the phones delivered to PO Box and empty flats and then raking up bills into the £1000's.

This has been going on for a couple of years now and 02 won't give up on it! If you saw the evidence you could clearly see that 02 are in the wrong, admitting not taking the right or any ID when opening up some of the accounts (seem like an inside job at a store) but still saying that my brother needs to pay for the bills.

We have kept copy of every email, letter, reply to 02, police, bailiffs, local MP's etc... and its coming into a very big folder now but still they keep on putting pressure on my brother who is currently studying at University.

It seems like someone has access to our details in the mobile phone world - his twin had another account open on Vodafone within Carphone Warehouse (same place as 02 contracts were opened) and that was closed down very quickly.

Also myself who has been living out of the UK and in Denmark for nearly 4 years now had an account opened with Orange couple months ago and I had that closed down within a week. 02 seem to be very stubborn with their mistakes and won't back down.

What to do next.....?

Anyone else been in the same situation?

Help!

Hi and welcome to CAG

I suggest you ask your brother to register where more tailored info can be given but in the mentime, register the fraud with ActionFraud and get a crime number.

Deal only in writing as people on the phone say one thing and do another. Black and white is best. Send all letters by recorded delivery so that O2 cannot say they did not get them.

I would also check his credit file to ensure that no adverse info has been placed there

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this is an example of a widespread fraud where a mobile phone (and plan) is ordered online using a fake bank account (easy to fake due to inadequate checking of details by the phone company when taking the order.) The phone has to be delivered somewhere so a name and address is given which may bear no relation to the bank account (again no cross checking done.) The phone is then delivered to the address by a genuine courier and collected again very soon afterwards by a fake courier who has been tracking the arrival of the phone at the premises selected. (Says it was a misdelivery.) Does you brother have an account with the bank used to order the phones and this been used to place the orders? If so, has his bank account been compromised in some way? If not, then it is all part of a [problem] based around total pathetic checking of account details by the phone companies when processing online orders.