Court hearing soon

IOU24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I have to make a complete change to my previous self employed status. I have been advised to go to the job centre never done that before? Six months seams reasonable hope the judge does. If I don't mention the looking for a job bit and say I cant pay anything. How likely will the creditor go for a force sale and how long does this take after the charge been applied. I am fed up saying staff I cant keep too, how can anyone say what the future holds. Its just one big headache.

To be honest if the charge was applied and just sat there until I sold that would work better for me they would eventually get there money, but I know it wont be that straight forward .

iou24

How likely will the creditor go for a force sale and how long does this take after the charge been applied... how can anyone say what the future holds.

I think you answered your own question.

It's definitely better to tell the judge you have work prospects. I think you should go the job centre; it demonstrates you are trying to get work even if they can't help with the kind of job you are looking for.

Are you thinking of selling in the near future?

Possibly in the next 4 years

Bugger, that's one argument out of the window.

Do you have any children or vulnerable people living at your house?

Can you really not afford to make any monthly payments? Bear in mind you should only commit to making payments if you can afford them and will stick to them.

Bugger, that's one argument out of the window.

Do you have any children or vulnerable people living at your house?

Can you really not afford to make any monthly payments? Bear in mind you should only commit to making payments if you can afford them and will stick to them.

No I don't to the first question

The second question I really can not afford anything until I get back into work. I could possibly make a small payment until such time but going on what happened when they put the original ccj on the creditor wouldn't except anything lower

Then £350 per month and that was a struggle . I was struggling to keep up even before my financial situation changed. I was set up to fail in the beginning .

Thanks for your time

Well if you feel up to going to Court then you can take along and income and expenditure form and give it to the Judge and hopefully he/she see how much you can afford and set the monthly payments accordingly.

Either that or the Judge will just grant the Final Charging Order and you'll have to hope no Order for Sale of your house is ever made. These are pretty rare but can happen in certain circumstances.

Yes I think that's the best I can go for I will send my income and expenditure details off with a letter offering what I can afford and ask if they will grant an order not to resell. Are there any standard letters on how I should ask the judge this?, basically how to word it officially?

many thanks everyone

Yes I think that's the best I can go for I will send my income and expenditure details off with a letter offering what I can afford and ask if they will grant an order not to resell. Are there any standard letters on how I should ask the judge this?, basically how to word it officially?

many thanks everyone

I still think you should attend.