Debt Sold to DCA after Litigation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was "sued" by a finance company for an outstanding debt. Counter "sued" them and came to a settlement that was agreed via litigation.

Have now received a letter stating that the debt has been sold to a DCA. On the letter, the outstanding balance is somewhat larger than what was agreed via the court order.

Payments are currently being made to the original creditors solicitors.

I assume, that even though the outstanding balance quoted on the new correspondence is clearly not what was agreed through the court, that the DCA has to accept the original payments?

I dont actually understand why, when a court writ is in place for the full payment and there is literally only months to go, that the original creditor would sell the debt.

It is probably just an act to try and pi** me off. They are in for a shock once it is paid in full as their is a hefty PPI claim going in!

Keep stirring that hornets nest!

Was this a result of a ccj? If so then you need to check if the ccj waz transferred to the new owners name.

Either way you only pay what the court order stated and not a penny more. The new owner are obliged to continue the court ordered repayments providing the new owner has the correct paperwork needed to collect the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's actually not a CCJ - it is noted as a joint minute that both parties agreed through the Court.

I have spoken to the new DCA and their legal representation, but as with being the new year, the relevant documentation has not been passed across by the DCA to their Solicitors and I think they basically just have call handlers in today.

I am a bit apprehensive about changing the payment account as this would effectively "break" my agreement and make me liable for payment of the whole amount - a technicality and any reasonable Judge/Sheriff would see through exactly what happened.

I am waiting on further confirmation on the amount owed, but the new acting solicitor said they would query the balance and let me know the outcome.

It is a bit of a case of the original DCA's being arses, as with only a few months to go, they are trying to irritate me lol! Either that, they must have just reached the end of their financial year and needed that tax relief.

Debt, DCA's and their wicked ways - all a big elaborate [problem] ;)

I will keep you posted of developments, but my main worry is the payment not reaching the correct parties and the full rigmarole of having to get solicitors involved again!

What should I see in the way of proof to change the payment account? In writing from the original creditors solicitors and DCA's solicitors?

You pay what the court ordered. Ignore the unfair charges the new dca has added.

Who is the new dca?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If this case has been litigated and the court has provided an order advising what you should repay and at what rate, then that is all you need to do. Simply send a copy of this to the new owner. If htey wish to make any changes, then they will need to apply to the court to have themselves named as claimant in order to make any changes.

I do not believe they are allowed to add anything that has not been approved/ordered by teh court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If this case has been litigated and the court has provided an order advising what you should repay and at what rate, then that is all you need to do. Simply send a copy of this to the new owner. If htey wish to make any changes, then they will need to apply to the court to have themselves named as claimant in order to make any changes.

I do not believe they are allowed to add anything that has not been approved/ordered by teh court.

thanks folks. Have yet to find the full details, but i think it is a fly move by the original creditor to sell this debt for the full amount rather than the amount agreed through the court.

sneaky!