Chockster V Natwest - Help Please!!!

Chockster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have read over FAQ and forums. Have been a customer of George Street Branch (Edinburgh) of Natwest for nearly 4 years. Over the last 6 months I kept going into a unauthorised overdraft and therefore incured a £35 charge each time this happened (usually just before I was paid, charges nearly wiped out half my wages, then process would start again, as I ran out of money each month). Haven't been overdrawn since 18th August, so haven't recently been incurring charges apart from monthly £28 charge for going into a unauthorised overdraft (charges one month in arrears)

Would like to get the charges I paid refunded to me.

Can someone please check if this is the correct process to start with.

STEP 1 - Send Letter to Natwest asking for statements from when I first joined bank using SAR Letter.

STEP 2 - Highlight charges and total them up, send a second letter to Natwest asking for total charges to be refunded. (estimate between £2000 - £4000)

STEP 3 - Natwest usually send a letter back to say sod off.

STEP 4 - send 3rd letter to Natwest (LBA).

STEP 5 - Natwest again tell you to sod off.

STEP 6 - raise a claim through small claims court.

Is this the process I should follow?

Going to start when I get paid at the end of this month.

Just one question, if I start process, will Natwest close my account from when I start process??

Thanks

Yes that is the correct procedure.

With regards to them closing your account I havn't come across anyone having their account closed at the start of the claim, well mine certainly wasn't, but its still advisable to open another account incase they do close it somewhere along the line.

Good luck with your claim and you'll find all the help and answers here on this site, I don't know where I'd be without it!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Ha! I have the same branch as you!

Are you in Scotland or England? The process differs, but the outcome remains the same :)

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Don't wait a moment longer. Get your SAR in, then the clock starts ticking. You won't have the cash for xmas, but the sooner the better, eh?

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)