style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/prime-minister-this-petition-is-to-clean-up-the-financial-enforcement-industry-by-creating-a-public-authority-whose-members-are-selected-by-public-vote

This petition is to set up a publicly run body overseeing all debt recovery personnel, debt recovery businesses and government financial penalty issuing authorities. The public body members will be selected by a public vote.

The public run body will have full authority to grant licences to, investigate, punish or dismiss any court appointment bailiff, debt recovery agent, enforcement officer or their businesses.

The public body will have complete authority and autonomy from government or judicial interference to make decisions based on its own findings on any persons or entities working within the UK who are responsible for collecting monies or issuing financial penalties.

The public body will oversee all debt recovery businesses and people within these businesses. The public body will oversee and contribute to regulation on the industry and licences to trade.

The purpose of the agency is to:

· Ensure ‘fit and proper’ people are working within the industry.

· Create a culture of ethical behaviour within the industry.

· Create transparency within the industry.

· Regulate practice that is deemed publicly fit.

· Be an authority for the public to raise serious concerns to and have them investigated as an authority.

· Grant compensation to people who are caused serious issues through regulatory negligence or unfit practices. To impose fines upon, investigate, punish or dismiss these persons or companies who are not working within the guidelines set out by the public authority.

Do we require a public authority overseeing bailiffs activities:

Please Read and Comment:

The public run body will have full authority to grant licences to, investigate, punish or dismiss any court appointment bailiff, debt recovery agent, enforcement officer or their businesses.

The public body will have complete authority and autonomy from government or judicial interference to make decisions based on its own findings on any persons or entities working within the UK who are responsible for collecting monies or issuing financial penalties.

The public body will oversee all debt recovery businesses and people within these businesses. The public body will oversee and contribute to regulation on the industry and licences to trade.

The purpose of the agency is to:

· Ensure ‘fit and proper’ people are working within the industry.

· Create a culture of ethical behaviour within the industry.

· Create transparency within the industry.

· Regulate practice that is deemed publicly fit.

· Be an authority for the public to raise serious concerns to and have them investigated as an authority.

· Grant compensation to people who are caused serious issues through regulatory negligence or unfit practices. To impose fines upon, investigate, punish or dismiss these persons or companies who are not working within the guidelines set out by the public authority.

Edited by danepaul

Please dont make multiple threads on the same topic.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

danepaul is this a personal or professional issue. I see you've posted this link on another forum all over the place as well. Just wondered who you are as you're an unknown name on the forums. Not criticising, just being nosey I guess :-D

We are aiming to change the law by creating a public authority overseeing bailiffs activities with full power and autonomy to investigate, licence and regulate the industry.

Please let me know your thoughts, experiences and knowledge on Bailiffs and issues your or somebody you know might have faced.

Hello, this is not a similar threat, the first threads yesterday were asking people to support our petition. This threat is asking for feedback on peoples experiences with bailiffs. This is my area of experitise so I will ask questions relevant to this issue and do they believe we should have a public forum on the issue. :-)

My view - a complete waste of time. We already have umpteen ombudsmen and departments overseeing the industry, but they are both gutless and without power.

Many people feel the same, which is why we aim to get an appointed public forum on the matter. I feel from what I have been hearing that we must really challenge this area otherwise things may never change for the better.

danepaul is this a personal or professional issue. I see you've posted this link on another forum all over the place as well. Just wondered who you are as you're an unknown name on the forums. Not criticising, just being nosey I guess :-D

Thank you Cough Drop and be as nosey as you like :-) This is a professional issue and they are not the same (they were yesterday as I am new to the site :-)) But today I am asking for peoples point of view and experiences on the subject of bailiffs. I want to see if me and my group are going in the right direction in peoples eyes who have been in situations with debt recovery agents and bailiffs. I want to know what you think we should do to make the industry more transparent and ethical. I was invited by members of my groups who are on facebook to come onto this site as they are frequent members here to get further feedback and support :-)

Edited by danepaul

The reason me and my colleagues put this petition together is because an older lady who lived near me was terroised by a bailiff, she was shaking and scared on her front door, for an issue that was not hers. I was not aware of these issues prior to this. When I tried putting a complaint in to the local authority and his company, the were not dealt with satisfactorily. This lunatic should not be in any position of authority. When I asked questions through social media, I was very angered by the stories that came back to me. I have since researched the industry quite heavily and decided to change things. We should not sit back and let this continue the way it is going. Any of us can be on the end of these bullies. (not all bailiffs, as many are very good and professional at their jobs) but many are not and lack of transparency and accountability supports unethical and in some cases illegal behavior. That is the driving reason for this. Hope this makes sense.

I think you will find you're treading the same path many of us on here have already trodden. It's great you want to do something but realistically you will never do this just as a small group. You will know if you've researched as much as you say that the government is well aware of this issue and many bailiff companies want tighter regulation for the rogue bailiffs. It will be better to work with the existing channels trying to get bailiff reform than to start another splinter group attempting to do the same thing. That's not to say give, stay involved, learn more and more and contribute to others problems. Get your friends on board here if they're knowledgeable or wanting to learn, we all start journeys somewhere. You'll achieve more helping with day to day problems, and there are some effective complaints procedures through the LGO and Form 4's for serious complaints.

That's only my view, it's not for me to tell you what to do, I just think you'll do more good that way than the way you're talking about. :wink:

I think you will find you're treading the same path many of us on here have already trodden. It's great you want to do something but realistically you will never do this just as a small group. You will know if you've researched as much as you say that the government is well aware of this issue and many bailiff companies want tighter regulation for the rogue bailiffs. It will be better to work with the existing channels trying to get bailiff reform than to start another splinter group attempting to do the same thing. That's not to say give, stay involved, learn more and more and contribute to others problems. Get your friends on board here if they're knowledgeable or wanting to learn, we all start journeys somewhere. You'll achieve more helping with day to day problems, and there are some effective complaints procedures through the LGO and Form 4's for serious complaints.

That's only my view, it's not for me to tell you what to do, I just think you'll do more good that way than the way you're talking about. :wink:

Thank you and mabey your right, but to me it isnt that black and white. I will continue my path :-) thank you for your feedback though.

Many people feel the same, which is why we aim to get an appointed public forum on the matter. I feel from what I have been hearing that we must really challenge this area otherwise things may never change for the better.

We need something that is akin to the IPCC, made up of civilian public and experts.

That is my aim, I am currently studying economics and understand the economic value of enforcement officers, so the only true way forward is by having a public authority overseeing the industry, with complete autonomy to make decisions without political interference. We can use experts from UK universities and appoint members overseeing the authority by vote. Some will no doubt come from this forum. It will be the only fair and just way to ensure the authority represents the public. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Perhaps you could try one of those government petitions. Ten thousand sigs gets it debated in parliament.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4418819

Also Put your request on http://pensionersclub.co.uk you know how pensioners are for doing the right thing.

That is my aim, I am currently studying economics and understand the economic value of enforcement officers, so the only true way forward is by having a public authority overseeing the industry, with complete autonomy to make decisions without political interference. We can use experts from UK universities and appoint members overseeing the authority by vote. Some will no doubt come from this forum. It will be the only fair and just way to ensure the authority represents the public. Any thoughts or recommendations?

If this body is to be free from all government intervention/support,how will it be funded,on a set up level and then on a day to day running level?

Would the vote system for appointing members be a nationwide vote for each individual?

And why do you think that "experts" from universities would do a good job, many are already consulted by government and supply their expertise,i cannot see they would give better advice to yourself than they already supply.

If this body is to be free from all government intervention/support,how will it be funded,on a set up level and then on a day to day running level?

Would the vote system for appointing members be a nationwide vote for each individual?

And why do you think that "experts" from universities would do a good job, many are already consulted by government and supply their expertise,i cannot see they would give better advice to yourself than they already supply.

OK I See, The body will have complete 'autonomy' to make decisions independent government intervention. This is the body will be able to make decisions based on our own research without the government telling us our decision were wrong or delaying processes. The bodies powers will be able to act on its members decisions concerning any aspect of the industry that is demanded upon by the public.

I understand your point with universities, that was not the only referrence we will use, it was just one option. Universities tend to work from a place of researched understanding, so they spend their time looking far deeper into things than the average person. But you are right, and there are plenty of people we can call upon, either way that will be down to the majority to choose. :-)

As for financing, their are several ways, either by the public or licencing of the industry etc. This is something that is also going to have to be decided when the time is near.