Mackenzie hall chasing my ex's barclays debt - said they were from Barclays!!

confusedconsumer30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a call to my house phone today and

the lady asked if my husband was in and I said hah I'm not married,

she said ok is your partner in?

I said sorry you must be mistaken I don't have a partner either,

she said ok we are trying to contact Nathan, it's Barclays Bank .

This person is my ex,

he lives at another address ,

I provided them with his mobile number.

I called him stating what the call was about,

he rang Barclays and there's no record of a call made to him

or a reason why,

now he has two missed calls on his mobile from Mckenzie hall.

How do I deal with this?

Surely it's wrong to ring someone else's house phone trying to find another person

and state they are from a bank !?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Hi,

This is something that does happen and unless you recorded the call, not much you can do. They will deny saying this.

As it is, you have given them your ex's number. Hopefully they won't ring you again

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ok thanks for the replies. What do I say if they call again ?

I'm not home often, I have a answer machine and no messages were left but I checked my call history function and I have a lot of calls from 0300 and lots from local dial code numbers I don't recognise. The call I answered said ' out of area' .

You dont say anything. Just tell them to bugger off and put the phone down. Dont even bother getting into any conversation. If they overtalk you or say ANYTHING, just say " in writing only please" then put the phone down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Hunter,

It would be far more likely it was a DCA and you should simply have refused to talk to them.

Now that you've already passed on his mobile number, he'll have to deal with this issue as he sees fit.

There's nothing more you can or should do IMHO.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Hunter,

It would be far more likely it was a DCA and you should simply have refused to talk to them.

Now that you've already passed on his mobile number, he'll have to deal with this issue as he sees fit.

There's nothing more you can or should do IMHO.

I haven't had any dealings with debt collectors unfortunately.

They rang again today on a 0300 , I answered it and they hung up straight away. Weird :/

Hi Hunter,

If you don't recognise the number calling you, ignore it if you can.

Or, answer and tell the caller you are keeping a log of all their incoming calls, recording them, and reporting them to the ICO as they have no reason or permission to call you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)