Oakhan - £127 debt becomes £8000!! - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I've been using PayPlan for close to two years now to steadily get myself out of Debt and free of the creditors nooses I put around my own neck.

My balance is presently in the region of £1000 left to pay off, but in recent months PayPlan seem to be increasingly frustrating to work with.

Case in point - One of my creditors Oakam, have now sent the wrong balance three times for my account, the first time this led to me spending over an hour jumping through hoops only to find that my balance and what I owed were not the same thing.

This happened again in October and after banging of fingers in draws so to speak once, I managed to get the answer again, balance was what was loaned, amount left to pay was something else.

It hasn't helped that for some reason at the start of my DMP with PayPlan they changed the reference number for my debt with Oakam to another for three months and never twigged this was an issue until I checked into it myself.

Today I've received the same message again, no checking of previous issues with this creditor or how their letters are badly formatted, resulting in hair pulling on my behalf.

PayPlan I know is in the pocket of the credit industry to get back what I owe, I've no issue with repaying it all back to them because I knowingly took the money and promised to repay it. But now I seriously wonder if I should find an alternative to them or go it alone, what would you guys advise.

I've already gone for the PPI on three of my creditors and won back some, should I SAR all of them and go after my unfair bank charges?

Thank you in advance for any advise rendered.

Edit - It would also seem using noodle that Oakam claim I have a balance of £8k rather than the £120.76 I have with them. That is very, very worrying, I've opened a dispute about it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay DX, what would you suggest here then, should I stop all payments to them, I've raised a dispute with Noodle about the balance they've shown there is £8000 of debt in default when it's only £120.27 owed, should I give them a broadside with a letter, if so are there templates?

Sorry this is just really upsetting me, my health is deteriorating so its all adding up right now.

dx

simply write them a letter officially disputing the balance and ask for a statement of account...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX,

I obtained a balance from them last month through email, along with a confirmation of my accounts outstanding balance, taking into account this months payment I should be at £120.75, they've stated on the phone that all interest and fees are frozen to both PayPlan and myself.

PayPlan managed to track down the person they've spoken with, the balance is wrong in the email and blamed on a clerical error, something I've taking with a metric tonne of salt. They now claim I owe £264 rather than £120.75 so I'm now chasing this through email again.

Edit - I am now working through email with Kevin Gunner at Oakam in order to get everything resolved, so far they've confirmed that they don't know their elbows from their lower parts and that my actual balance is £120.95. As for the information that Noodle has provided me they claim a "Admin error" might be at fault here.

I call bull fecal matter on that and more that they are trying to sabotage me in the future credit rating wise.

Edited by StripedTiger