Just received a 5 month old speeding fine.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just received a notice of intended prosecution for a speeding offense 5 months ago (37mph in a 30). Aside from it being so long ago, I just checked my diary & I was in a job interview at that time so couldntve been driving.

Its unlikely to be a cloned plate as I rarely venture to the town the offence took place in but on this particular day I was indeed over that way, and what is the chance of the cloned plate and myself being there on the same day. Unfortunately it was so long ago I no longer have any proof that I was in a job interview, and I dont want to contact the company I was interviewing with as I didnt get the job and would be highly embarrassed to contact them over such a thing.

Plus I am still unemployed and can't afford to pay a speeding fine.

What can I do about this?

If the car you were in was not hired and you have not moved address just prior the offence then you can reject the NIP. See here-http://www.motorlawyers.co.uk/procedure/notice_of_intended_prosecution.htm

Of course if the NIP was sent out to the registered keeper within 14 days then you are going to have to ask for fuller details.

Edited by lookinforinfo