Not great

oldtup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

13th October, took iPad into Kendal store with wifi hardware fault. Assistant very knowlegable and agreed that it seemed to be hardware.

Said I wanted to claim under SOGA as iPad 17 months old and wifi chip problems are a known fault and connected to upgrade to IOS7.

ipad sent off and went today (30/10/13) to collect. Letter with iPad saying could not find fault - Pardon? Ok, lets have a look at it now - iPad completely dead and would not even turn on. Plugged into charger etc - nothing, completely dead.

Store said will send back again and it will be collected in 7 days time (06/11/13)

I don't think this is acceptable and I think I made a mistake in purchasing from store rather than direct from Apple.

My wife's birthday is next week and I was about to buy an iPad from the store. Can anyone give me any reason why I should do this rather than from Apple direct?

Overall, I feel that PC World has reasonable staff but is let down by its systems and policies. Not as good as Comet, who were there before.

You need to give the store adequate opportunity under soda to rectify the ossue.

Repair > replace > refund

You could go through apple direct but you'd pay a lot more and wait till you face their customer service. ....

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

But the question is, how long is reasonable? They've had it once and it's come back worse than when it went. It went away with the Wifi not working and came back completely dead.

It does raise the question as to the advantage of dealing with a local store rather than buying online. Unfortunately it has been my recent experience that online companies (especially Amazon) are better at sorting out problems than local stores.

I used to own a camera store so have seen the other side of things, but when something went wrong we would then pull out all the stops to get it right the second time. What wound me up was the fact that my iPad is now going to sit in the store until next Wednesday! (i.e. a whole week) before even going away.

But the question is, how long is reasonable? They've had it once and it's come back worse than when it went. It went away with the Wifi not working and came back completely dead.

It does raise the question as to the advantage of dealing with a local store rather than buying online. Unfortunately it has been my recent experience that online companies (especially Amazon) are better at sorting out problems than local stores.

I used to own a camera store so have seen the other side of things, but when something went wrong we would then pull out all the stops to get it right the second time. What wound me up was the fact that my iPad is now going to sit in the store until next Wednesday! (i.e. a whole week) before even going away.

I would say reasonable is two times, maybe three at absolute most. Remember, this is a massive company and they dont really care about what happens after they sell you an item at an inflated price and pressure you to buy a worthless warranty.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

To be fair, the price was ok, Apple seem to be able to prevent discounting on it's products, and I didn't buy the warranty. The only warranty I would consider is Applecare.

Not sure if anyone from PC World is reading this but you've got a lot right, your staff are better than Dixon's used to be (possibly not a high bar to jump!) and your products are well displayed and priced. You really do need to sort out the aftersales care though and an online tracking service would greatly improve your offer.

I work in the public sector and we are constantly looking at our service levels - we simply wouldn't get away with this.

Why would you buy any warranty? THey are all worthless unless it covers FULL accidental damage. And even then, you should only pay for the accidental damage cover and nothing else. SOGA is pretty comprehensive.

Well, it's my wives birthday this week and I want to buy her an internet radio. Before this experience I would have bought it from the local store - PC World in this case - as I do like to support local bricks and mortar stores. The radio is there at £10 more than Amazon.

But now, I can't see what the £10 is for. Amazon have always given me great customer service and perhaps this is one of the reasons that the high street is dying?

Nah. Pc world are notorious for overcharging. Same as maplin.

Sorry, don't agree. Stocking items on the high street costs money and sometimes it's more important to be able to buy something quickly. I don't think that a £10 premium is bad on a £129 radio - BUT the service needs to be better! And that's where PCWorld are missing the point.

Sometimes it is important to buy things quickly. But geting an internet radio, camera, telescope etc etc isnt really important. As i said, the main retailers put a massive markup on their items as they cater to the 'i want it now' crowd, when you can get the same item much cheaper from the likes of amazon. And use the free next day delivery.