Hello forum friends

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Newbie here with lots of questions for my problems and also with questions on behalf of my mother.

Looking forward to hopefully getting some advice, information, guidance and support from the forum members as I'm new to all this reclaiming stuff and also I don't know if I'm too late for some of it.

Going to start searching to see where to post 1st question.

Is there a forum guide that I can save or download?

Dug my head in, now trying to get stuff done

:behindsofa:

Hi Lorraine101

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

• Confused 1

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Newbie here with lots of questions for my problems and also with questions on behalf of my mother.

If you are dealing with your mother's financial affairs on her behalf, it is well worth getting Lasting Power of Attorney - It costs £110 (reduced fees apply for some benefit claimants) but it does make life much easier when dealing with these things.

Recently had a run in with an insurance company threatening to issue a default notice to my mum - They initially refused to talk to me and kept insisting that they had to speak to my "wife"*. Eventually, they accepted I had LPA and after receiving a severe ear bashing, issued a letter of apology.

*) Not married, so no "wife" available for comment.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi Lorraine, and welcome to CAG! :-)

Start a different thread for each organization you are dealing with, and make sure you put the name of the organization in the thread title. "Help with HSBC" will always get more responses than "Help with Bank" as people who help on the site regularly will tend to go to the threads where they are likely to be able to provide useful information.

Don't worry if the thread goes into the wrong forum. The site team can always change if for you if necessary. As sir_gilmour says, it's a big forum and takes some getting used to.

Good luck!

DD

• Confused 1

:thumb: thanks everyone for the tips.

Thought I'd searched plenty of posts before posting my first question and Daniella has made me realise that none of the firms names are in the post title although I think I tagged it with all the firms names, hopefully the site team will redirect it to the right place (not this post as I read this thread is for new users to introduce themselves, which is what I did).

It certainly is a huge site and I must admit I was rather lost knowing which forum to put my questions on? I will read on. I would like to put a brief overview of all the accounts and issues I have to sort out both for myself and for my mother at the bottom of the page as I've noticed other users do. Lots of instructions for me to read.

So far thanks again. :-D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Lorraine,

I would ask the site team to change the name of your thread to include the firm's name. Not everyone checks the specific forums to see what has come in, but we do check the new posts, so it jumps out if we can easily recognize a name and you'll get more people likely to answer you.

If you hit the triangle under the posts and ask the site team nicely :-) they will do it for you.

(I even found the Dummies Guide completely beyond me when I joined CAG - it's definitely better to ask!)

DD

It would be good to list here the companies and the problem you have next to them for starters so others have a clearer view of how to help:-)

Nooooo..... not here this is the welcome forum...please post them in the appropriate forums.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks guys....I can see that many users use the signature section of their profile to provide brief information by individually listing the companies they need help with including their account debt details and brief info that they need help and advice for and even list if they have been successful getting refunded so I'm thinking that is probably the best place for me to list my issues in 2 columns as I've 2 peoples accounts to deal with and maybe use a separate font colour per column and then maybe I should write a brief summary too?

I won't list on here.

Is the CAG toolbar only available to use on Internet Explorer and Firefox? I have Chrome so should I download it?:???:

One thread per debt/company in the appropriate forums Lorraine.

Yes you can download the toolbar for Google Chrome.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Nooooo..... not here this is the welcome forum...please post them in the appropriate forums.

Andy

My logic here was if L101 listed the company names you could direct link her to that forum, to start her thread.

Hope you getting sorted with it now Lorraine. Any probs please PM me.

My logic here was if L101 listed the company names you could direct link her to that forum, to start her thread.

Hope you getting sorted with it now Lorraine. Any probs please PM me.

Hey determinator, I get your logic especially as I've said in my post should I add company names and brief details onto the signature part so that its on each individual post and I also asked if I should post a brief history on the summary part of my profile but alas no one has responded to my questions :???:

I've decided its probably best for me to add to my profile signature all the details listed per company and in two columns (1 for my issues and 1 for my mothers issues) and at the start of each thread a brief history detailing the personal situation past and current.

Really appreciate your offer to help :-)

Typed my 1st SAR letter tonight :whoo:

Lorraine, I think each person has their own way - usually one thread per Company usually does the trick. You can pop a brief summary in your profile.. Perhaps something like..

Me : - Bank - PPI claim

Mum : - Mortgage - PPI claim - charges

That way people can see that you have other threads where you are up against the Financial Industry :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D