• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Motormile Finance Uk Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3726 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The only way to stop them is to make multiple formal complaints, document EVERYTHING that happens, then start legal action for harassment and cite harrison v link. It's a long process, but it has a very high chance of working.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to stop them is to make multiple formal complaints, document EVERYTHING that happens, then start legal action for harassment and cite harrison v link. It's a long process, but it has a very high chance of working.

I stuck in a complaint yesterday to OFT and got the same email. Global Recovery wrote to me saying they have brought a debt of £2668.16 from Motor mile who have never spoken or written to me. I have never dealt with them my credit file is clean and there is no explanation. I am tempted to phone them and have some fun. Already had Lowell's scalp for posting wrong info on my file. See how they explain this case of mistaken identity.

Dont phone them. Stick with letters and get a full papertrail going. Youd have much more fun in court than playing letter tennis.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Doesnt cost much to issue a claima gainst them, and in certain circumstances its free. You can also get a pro bono lawyer if you have concrete proof against them, as they would be virtually guaranteed to win.

Sadly, in MMF's case, it seems legal action and national media publicity will be the Only way to make them stop

I've had the usual spray of letters and message threats from Mike, apparently i'd be embarrassed from a home visit. However, the upper hand i do have as i have a DRO and all debts (bad debts bought thereof) from these parasites are now null and void during the DRO and legally wiped at the end of it. However, it still doesn't stop them contacting debtors with their 'long arm of the law' tactics, I had a missed call on home phone yesterday from Parasite House, one today from an ubiquitous London number, like most DCA's these ******s use non geographic and geographic numbers to (attempt) to fool you into picking the phone up. With me it doesn't work and they're no more than a bloody annoyance now as they have no recourse in law to recover the debts they bought, so screw them.

But ... it got me thinking. (That's the devil in me coming out!!!!!). I thought what can i do to make this **** pay by way of wasted time and money, and with any DCA there's always an Achilles heel, and these have TWO. Want some fun for a little time and effort, read on.

Completely legal and lawful, nothing they can do but it has the potential to cost them a LOT of money, time and wasted effort.

Firstly, their website http://www.mmile.com

This has a standard contact page which simply sends an internal email to their servers to be read to an inbox. However, i got pi$$ed off today as it's my week off work, so i sent not one message this way but TWENTY. Then i thought why stop there? All you have to do is press the back button on your browser and as the info in in the cache you can click on 'SEND' again and it does exactly that. Oh what fun I've had. Unfortunately for Motor Mouth Finance and their mate Barry Ellenshaw the so called customer service manager, now i'm going to play a very nasty and deadly game of payback, it;s nothing less than what they deserve for all the misery and heartache they bring into peoples lives.

Here's the server response ;- (part of it anyway)

Subject:

Mail delivery deferred: returning message to sender

Date:

Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:51 PM

Size:

4 KB

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a temporary error. The following address(es) deferred:

[email protected]

Domain mmile.com has exceeded the max emails per hour (60/50 (120%)) allowed. Message will be reattempted later

------- This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Received: from mmile by server.panda-hosting.co.uk with local (Exim 4.82)

(envelope-from )

id 1VjVbp-0006Ms-Nr

for [email protected]; Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:51:57 +0000

To: [email protected]

SO, this tells us that if they get 50 emails an hour, the server packs up, and pends the remaining ones to be read once the backlog has been read/deleted etc etc, what a WONDERFUL email system they have, it now tells us that if you each send 50 messages via http://www.mmile.com their servers will shut down, don't worry about the bounce back, it doesn't mean the mail is undeliverable but pending, the more you send the more pending, basically shutting their email comms down, and quite legitimately unlike a DDOS attack, of course you WANT your mail to reach them so why not send it a few times :) - Have fun, because i'm going to, every single day.

Second bit of fun, you'll notice on the website that they WANT you to contact them (ostensibly to make an offer of settlement or payment plan) one of these methods is by virtue of good old FREEPOST, basically you address the envelope, put the letter in and sent FREEPOST which means when it goes through the RM sorters, they get a monthly bill for all mail received that has been sent that way!!!! Kerchingy Ching!

So, standard DL size envelope up to 100 grams costs them 50p, if its a large letter it costs them 69p. SO all you do, is put blank sheets in each envelope (tying up some sap who has to open all the mail in the home someone's sent a cheque!) pop in local post box and jobs a good 'un. Each letter costs them 50p a throw, 10 blank letters a fiver and 20 a tenner, now, if everyone does this you can run up motor miles postage account at very little cost, 2p for an average DL envelope 0.3p for a sheet of A4 or printed with an index finger on it, have fun, because over christmas I know i WILL. Merry xmas motormile and boy have I got some treats in store for you low life pond dwelling parasites.

If everyone can send at least 100 completed contact forms (doesn't have to be your real details but you can enter those minus the phone number) it'll help crash their servers and if you would be so kind to send 50 blank envelopes with 1 sheet of A4 it'll be a great help to dent their profits and hit them back ... and HARD!!!!!!

Payback ladies and gents and at very little cost, time or effort to yourselves but it'll stick one hell of a spanner in the works of probably the most illegal DCA in the UK,

THE address

FREEPOST RSRB-RXKU-UJTR

Motormile Finance UK Ltd

Protection House

83 Bradford Road, Leeds

LS28 6AT

NB: if you don't put Freepost as above in bold with ALL the letters chances are it'll never get there .. so DON'T FORGET!

Edited by DCA Hater

Sounds like a very cheap webhost email that they are using.

Also, youd have to check the legalities of what you plan to do, as it will be considered spam, and if it brings down a web server, it could be considered DDOS. If multiple people sent one or two emails and it crashed, then fair enough, but sending/spamming the same email with the intention of crashing the server wont go down well, if they try action against you.

Sounds like a very cheap webhost email that they are using.

Also, youd have to check the legalities of what you plan to do, as it will be considered spam, and if it brings down a web server, it could be considered DDOS. If multiple people sent one or two emails and it crashed, then fair enough, but sending/spamming the same email with the intention of crashing the server wont go down well, if they try action against you.

The **** could try but a defence of making SURE comms reached them IS legitimate. Of course if someone sent 1,000 mails then yes it would look iffy, but ask yourself, are they going to try and go after ONE person? Doubtful, very very doubtful given their past history. As for the envelope plot, no proof who sent it (using marigold gloves and pritt stick for the label leaves no evidence lol!)

They deserve everything they get and if others should take the lead, who am I to stop them.

Of course you could save some money and send all those unwanted takeaway leaflets that come through your letterbox - I did a load to Virginmedia once after they annoyed me.

I still think the best way is to complain about them every single time they contact you, ask for their complaints procedure, and tie them up in paperwork (plus hopefully a visit from various regulators which will cost them money).

You wont tie them up in paperwork. They ignore or bin any complaints. Im beginning to think rob sands is doing it as well.

Keep a nice detailed log of everything they do, so you can get them for harassment.

Global Recovery have written to me to confirm they are closing their books on me after I pointed out they were the second debt purchase agency to link me to another person of the same name in Leeds. Its so kind of them but I want an explanation as to why they think they had the right to rattle my cage asking me to pay £2668.16 for a debt to a company I had never heard of and never had any business with. Beggars belief and beggars they are!! I have reported Motor Mile to OFT and FOS and encourage others to do they same.

another very pleasant email to receive very early on a saturday

Dear Mr

NOTICE OF VISIT WITHOUT APPOINTMENT

Our Ref:

Debt Details: Lending Stream LLC

De bt Value: £

Despite our request you have failed to provide an agreed appointment date and time for one of our agents to make a home visit.

As such your account has been placed on our Home Visit Schedule and an agent will be visiting your residential address within the next 7 days. They will also make a report on your living standards and any assets that may be available for seizureshould this matter be passed to our Solicitor for legal review.

If you want to resolve this matter without further action, then please contact our office immediately to discuss your account. We would remind you that we are prepared to discuss installment arrangements or, alternatively, a lump sum settlement discount.

This letter should be taken as formal not ice that we have attempted to agree a mutually acceptable appointment and have been unable to do so through your lack of contact. This fact will be later relied upon at court on the question of legal costs, should legal action prove necessary.

Yours faithfully,

MotorMile Finance UK Ltd.

That letter MUST go to the OFT as part of your complaint, it is totaly OTT and out of order.

If it is a FORMAL NOTICE it should state that clearly on the top of the letter before they go into detail, and they have no right to 'make a report on your living standards and any assets that may be available for seizure' until a CCJ has been obtained and you fail to make any repayment on said CCJ.

This lot need to be closed down ASAP as they are flouting the law, left, right and centre.

That letter MUST go to the OFT as part of your complaint, it is totaly OTT and out of order.

If it is a FORMAL NOTICE it should state that clearly on the top of the letter before they go into detail, and they have no right to 'make a report on your living standards and any assets that may be available for seizure' until a CCJ has been obtained and you fail to make any repayment on said CCJ.

This lot need to be closed down ASAP as they are flouting the law, left, right and centre.

thanks for reply

I have already complained to oft didnt feel i got anywere really without others doing the same its futile

should i send this on as well?

thanks

Yes, if you don't you are wasting time complaining to them in the first place - the OFT do move slowly but the newer regulator will have far more powers and be able to close down these companies faster than they can purchase 'distressed debt portfolios'.

Don't we just love Motormouth....of course they want to know your financial status so they can decide if you are worth harassing although that assumes they have brains and I have yet to see proof of that

Have you sent the no doorstep visit letter and had the crap back about it not applying to them?

I think that email sits right on the very edge of what is acceptable but would still agree to send it to the OFT as part of the evidence that will show a disregard for procedure

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .