Hastings Direct

shadmock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A little help please.

I sold my motor bike yesterday. So today I'd thought that i would cancel my insurance policy.

I phoned up Hastings Direct, and they informed me that I had two months remaining on my policy. I thought I would be getting a refund!!! but no, for some reason I now owe them 35 pounds.

Is there anyway around this?

A little help please.

I sold my motor bike yesterday. So today I'd thought that i would cancel my insurance policy.

I phoned up Hastings Direct, and they informed me that I had two months remaining on my policy. I thought I would be getting a refund!!! but no, for some reason I now owe them 35 pounds.

Is there anyway around this?

Cancellation costs are more than any refund you would receive, leaving £35 to pay. Ask for a full breakdown of the cancellation calculation.

It is pretty silly. But unfortunately very common. Some people choose to let the policies continue until renewal, if they had paid by a lump sum at the start, rather than incur a higher premium, even though they were cancelling after 10 months. Of course Hastings won't let you continue a policy, when you no longer own the bike and won't suspend the policy should you wish to Insure a new bike in a few weeks time when you purchase a replacement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Shadmock, Thank you for taking the time to post on the forum. When a policy is cancelled a calculation is made by the insurer to determine whether there is any refund or outstanding balance due, any cancelation fee will also be included into this calculation. If you would like to get in contact with us directly with some details about your policy I would be more than happy to check this for you? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie