• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Vital Spark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when i did my first claim against lloyds did exactly the same thing, i threw the towel in two weeks before my court date, went out with my friends had a glass of wine and a chill out, came home to loads of messages and a few wise words from garyh about keeping going, and i did, a week later the money was in my account, no letter no nothing :D, now i'm doing my husbands :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:-) Thanks folks and waht a beautiful wee baby. My third grandchild is due on 9th February 2008. Don't they make this world such a smiley, pleasant place in which to live?

If only the financial industry was staffed by babies. LOL!

Pay no attention to my moaning. I'm just a bittie bogged down at the moment. I'm trying to clean up the mess from the fire, help some other folks with their needs at the same time and I'm completely boggled by all this information and lack of bits of it.

I always bounce back and I will this time too. More or less have already. :-) See, big smile.

I am writing off to Lloyds again for the remainder of the material I requested in my initial SAR. This last stuff I got was a list of charges relevant to each respective account. There are no manual interventions listed but I have a list from the previous material they sent.

From what Caro posted, I am understanding that, if there have been any manual interventions that cost the bank £35, I can't reclaim those charges. Hmmm, how do I know what, exactly, it cost the bank to manually intervene in any instance? Therefore, how do I know for what to claim?

When asking for the past history, whosoever wrote this letter to me (probably a computer), stated that, if I wanted information going further back than 2001 or that which they sent, I have to return the letters to the bank in the "postage already paid" envelopes which they enclosed.

I am sending a covering letter as they state, "The fee of £10 for this service has been taken accordingly." This statement was at the end of each letter and suggests to me that they are going to take it from each of my 2 bank accounts with them. I already handed in a £10 postal order with my request for the information on all my banking history with them noting, in the SAr both account numbers.

The letter also has a sentence in bold type stating: "Under the terms of the Data protection Act, we are allowed up to 40 days to fulfill your request".

It's this sentence with the ones referrign to taking the £10 a ccordingly, which m akes me think they are takign the £10 from each account despite already having been paid it.

Gee whizz, I know this is rambling about but is it making sense to any of you? Dyslexia lures KO!

I submitted my initial SAR in Novemebr of last year. So where do teh 40 days come in NOW? I thought I was being more than re asonable gi ving them time to send the statements missing from their first response to my SAR.

I'm going to post my cover letter. Please feel free to offer constructive critisism. It may be too rambled and make little or no sense. PLEASE tell me it's rubbish if it is.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Quote: If you can't beat them, confuse them.

Christina, the court bit is scarign me useless. I haven't a clue as to how I put the case together and prepare for court: not a Scooby.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

If they don't tell you that there have been manual interventions, and I'll lay odds that they won't, then you must work on the assumption that there weren't any. Just claim the charges back following the process on CAG, and it's up to the bank to prove that it really cost them that much each time. They won't do it, and that's why people keep getting their money back. It's not for you to worry about, but Lloyds to justify their actions.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro.

The following is the cover letter I've written to Lloyds to include with the letters I have to return in order to let them know I want the information from ALL my history with Lloyds and not merely back to 2001.

Whenever I have to telephone Customer Services or teh like, teh girls and men are so nice, kind and helpful. It's higher up that the problems creep in.

The address I've used is the one from which teh last list of charges arrived. There was no named signature at teh foot of the letter merely an anonymous signing.

[My address]

25th July 2007

The Manager

Lloyds TSB Bank Plc

Copy Statement Unit

Swallow House

P O Box 139

10 Swallow Street

Birmingham

BX1 1LT

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Dear Madam/Sir,

Re: accounts numbered: ######## and ########: sort code: xx-xx-xx:

I received a list of charges for both of the above accounts.

In my initial request for past history information, when I submitted the relevant £10 postal order for which I received a receipt, I asked for statements with a list of manual interventions covering the period of my entire banking history with Lloyds TSB.

The manner in which you have listed the charges made to my account, in this most recent response, is most helpful. I thank you for that. The former response was most confusing, hence the time it took for me to realise that you had omitted to send all of the material from within the time you decided to take into account and none of the material from before 2001.

Will you, please, let me have the same information with relevant manual interventions for the rest of my banking history with Lloyds, this should include all charges placed on all my accounts, current and past, with Lloyds TSB Bank Plc.

My initial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) was submitted in November of 2006. I enclose a copy of this letter for your perusal. The 40 days applied to that letter. I feel that I have been generous in allowing the bank extra time to send ALL the material I requested in that initial letter, therefore, I suggest that 14 days is a sufficiently long time to enable Lloyds TSB to comply fully with my SAR.

I thank you in anticipation of your response.

Yours sincerely,

(my signature)

(my name typed)

Please tear this apart if it needs it.

Also, did you know that some banks are threatening their staff with the sack if they dare to reclaim charges?

Isn't that Blackmail: yet another criminal offense? I wonder what ACAS would say to it.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Well, only good parents can be responsible for such a huge happy smile.

Feel proud of yourself as wella s of your daughter: best years of your lives.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Thanks all, for your support and encouragement.

I'll post those letters with the cover ing one as soon as I get confirmation that it's ok. Then I'll keep you all posted.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Hi Vital Spark,

If you don't mind me saying, while there is nothing wrong with your letter I think it is too nice. Personally I would send something along the following lines:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER(S):

BRANCH SORT CODE:

I am in receipt of the documents that you have supplied in response to my Data Protection Act information request dated November 2006 (a copy of which is attached).

The manner in which you have listed the charges made to my account, in this most recent response, is most helpful. I thank you for that. The former response was most confusing, hence the time it took for me to realise that you had omitted to send certain documents.

The disclosure of personal data is incomplete in that at least the following documents are missing.

1) You have failed to provide a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. You have only supplied a list of transactions and charges as far back as 2001.

2) You have provided no notes, or documents relating to instances of manual intervention.

This is not an exhaustive list by any means; it is just an example of some of the information I am missing.

Accordingly, I have to tell you that you have not yet complied with your obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.

You have until XXXX 2007 to comply.

Yours faithfully,

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks Rory. For some reason, I didn't get notice of your or Christinajanep's latest postings in my thread. Just happened upon them when I came on to make another request for advice on that letter.

Hmmm, is the entire world out to get me? LOL!

Yip, I guess your version is more strikingly direct. I'm a bit of a filly when it comes to even possibly being nasty to folk unless they've hurt, in any way, a friend relative or an obviously vulnerable person. Then I can be fiercely, even viciously incisive.

Can you go one further, given that much of the data requested is in their archives, and suggest what might be a reasonable length of time to give them to come up with said data?

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Does two weeks seem reasonable?

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

You give them 14 days from the date of the letter to come up with the info.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Oh dear, I've jsut read a mail form Motley Fool which includes an article stating that the Office of Fair Trading have stopped all claimants from taking the banks to court or, at least, have made it such that the banks don't need to respond to claimants.

Have any of you heard about this and does ti apply to Scotland too?

Jingstaehanganhelpmaboab!

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

The hale wurld IS oot tae get me!

:-(

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Hmmm, think I'll still try sending in Rory's version of the letter.

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

A link for those who haven't heard/read about ths altest OFT thingie.

Big Blow For Bank Charges Victims - 27/07/2007

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Hi Vital spark

Gave my claim in to-day at (Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent) they are still accepting claims and she said that they have not heard about the new ruling.

Its interesting to read what has been said and hopefully we will maybe become winners after all this thanks to the many who have already claimed and won. Lets just hope the ruling goes in all our favour eh!!!!

Maggie

VP, remember you are in Scotland, the court case with the OFT is in England. The two judicial systems are completely separate.

And this one from moneysavingexpert.com

Bank Charges Reclaiming: How the OFT test case impacts you...

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Thanks folks.

Yip, Rory, I'll go ahead anyway. I could soon eb calling on you for that help we discussed via PM, at an earlier date. Let's hope the letter gets all the relevant data sent this time.

Should I ahve asked tehm to detail any already refunded charges?

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Should I ahve asked tehm to detail any already refunded charges?

Any charges that have been refunded should be shown as part of your account information that you receive from them.