Nationwide debt - scotcall

Elffie01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

Just a bit of advice please

Out of the blue I have had a visit from Scotcall in relation to Nationwide for £359.84 I wasnt in when they called but they have left a postcard for me to call them

I used to be with Nationwide a long time ago, having a current account with them

I had no credit cards/loans or even an overdraft on this account so Im aonly assuming these are bank charges

So how do I play this ? Its not on my credit record, well not as far as I can see. But obviously they are braying on my door for the money

What the next step for me please ?

Ignore them. Completely. Scotcall dont do legit debts. They only take on debts that nobody else will.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not hard at all. They have zero rights. Send scotcall the doorstep collectors letter and if theyre stupid enough to come again, tell them to leave or the police will be called.

Don't open the door to them, just tell them and walk away. Don't get into a conversation with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Click the cag library and go right to the bottom

found it thanks

OK I had a bit of a brain wave moment in the shower...i must spend more time in there lol

I had an account removed from my credit report as ii was over 6 yrs the other day 13/9/13 to be exact

Just had a look for it on an old report and ta da :mad2: guess who it is/was

Nationwide for the sum of £360 started 06/07/04 default date 13/09/07 debt assigned to CAIS member 01/08/11

therefore it came off on the 13/9/13

so now what lol

Can they still chase this debt?

The debt MY be statute barred, you need to know when the last payment or written acknowledgment of the debt, have you made any payments to ANY company in regard to the in the past 6 clear years?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They can still chase a statute barred debt, but cannot enforce it in court.

You must send the following to stop them chasing this.

The Compliance Scotcall.

Date...............

Ref: Use theirs:

Sir/ Madam,

I refer to recent correspondence relating to an alleged debt fir £xxxx.xx , please note I do NOT acknowledge liability for any such debt.

I am aware that this alleged debt is STATUTE BARRED and I will NOT there for make any payment now or in the future in regard to this matter.

Scotcall is reminded that should the status of the alleged debt is disputed the onus of providing unequivocal proof that it is not statute barred falls entirely upon Scotcall.

I data relating to me must now be removed from all records held by Scotcall and any associated company.

This is my final response.

Send recorded signed for post.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Scotcall dont do court, or if they do ive never head of it. They also 99.99% deal in unenforceable debts, or chase bad debts on behalf of others.

just remember the any DCA doorstepper are NOT BAILIFFS

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

never ever pay a doorstepper DCA

and never ever discuss debts on the phone

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Until a debt becomes statute barred and they creditor/DCA has been informed in writing that this is the case it matters not that the account is no longer reported on CRA files.

SB = not enforceable by court action but the debt still exists and is collectable.