• Tweets

• Bookmakers use betting on political events to entice new customers, and say it is growing.View the full article
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
    • dispute it with whichever cra provider is now showing it. simply state the a/c is from 2015 and was defaulted (date) and should not have re appeared. probably getting ready to sell it on. dx
    • Hi Caught Shoplifting at John Lewis - Retail loss Prevention/Other shoplifting allegations. - Consumer Action Group Thanks a lot for commenting this experience of yours. I do understand this might be something that you are not willing to talk about anymore but the same exact scenario happened with me today at John Lewis. They took my name/ address/ a picture of me holding a signed banned letter. the only questions I've got are... will I be contacted by the police will this be recorded as police caution or criminal record?  I would really really appreciate if you could let me know how it went.  I am so so so ashamed of myself and am really making changes in my life I feel like I've lost myself for a period of my life but anyways it would be really great to hear back. Thanks 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

JSA Stopped without notification

mashmallow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son missed an appointment which fell in between his signing on date and because the next appointment was excused because of the bank holiday he went to sign on today only to be told his benefit has been stopped. The reason he missed the appointment was because the appointment card or slip of paper was stapled at the back of his original appointment slip so he did not notice the appointment, plus the fact he is on diazipan and morphine medication which causes all sorts of problems. \they told him to do a rapid reclaim which he has done,but can he appeal against this decision.

Please can someone advise.

Many thanks

Mashmallow

Responding to S.O.S - thread now in the correct forums, thank you ashmk :)

marshmallow, you need do nothing - this is purely an administrative move and you will still be able to find and post your on this thread. In fact I see you are on it at the moment :)

I am sure someone will look in later on today when they have finished their day jobs with some advice for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

My son missed an appointment. The reason he missed the appointment was because (partly) he is on diazipan and morphine medication which causes all sorts of problems.

Please can someone advise.

Many thanks

Mashmallow

Hi, Does the JC advisor know about your son's medical problems and the fact that he is on this level of medication?

How on earth can your son be expected to claim JSA and fulfil all the requirements of that claim when he is probably as high as a kite for most of the time?

Has your son ever discussed this with the Disability Advisor at the JC?

I only say this as I take Morphine (MST) 100mgs every 12 hours and as much Oramorph (amongst many others) as I need throughout the day and I don't really know what day of the week it is!

Bedofweeds,

ThankGod for people like you this Government has no passion for anyone and as I read some of the article attached the JSA and the work programme are on targets I also saw Panorama of what is going on. They tried to put him on a 2 week solar panel training they knew he was on methodone, so if he fell off the roof it would be his own fault. I appreciate your assistance and I have told him to go back down there to re-assess his situation.

Many thanks,

Mashmallow

Bedofweeds,

ThankGod for people like you this Government has no passion for anyone and as I read some of the article attached the JSA and the work programme are on targets I also saw Panorama of what is going on. They tried to put him on a 2 week solar panel training they knew he was on methodone, so if he fell off the roof it would be his own fault. I appreciate your assistance and I have told him to go back down there to re-assess his situation.

Many thanks,

Mashmallow

What benefits is in on at the present time.

Due to the high level of analgesics that your son is on, he should go to his GP and ask for a medical certificate.

Depending on his medical condition it may be in his best interest to apply for ESA if he as not already done so.

Hello,

He is on JSA, The GP seems not interested and will only give a 2 weeks sick note, I really don't know what is going on anymore, these people are out to destroy us. The only problem with this is because they class drug addiction as self inflicted they don't want to know this is what I think, not sure, what the law is. He has no money now and his rent will be stopped also. His advisor knew he was on medication.

Thanks

Thank you guys/girls for your help, I will send an e-mail to her now, Mildred Gordon but she is as good as a paper kite in the wind. My other son has also the same issues but he is with the work programme and missed 3 appointments, now I have to keep a record of when they are to attend, my life is one big stress ball and now I am worrying about the financial disaster that is going to occur, I myself is unemployed at 57 never before in my life but that's a different issue. This is all wrong I know it. I am so stressed maybe I should get some medication.

Thanks for your concern and help

Hello,

He is on JSA, The GP seems not interested and will only give a 2 weeks sick note, I really don't know what is going on anymore, these people are out to destroy us. The only problem with this is because they class drug addiction as self inflicted they don't want to know this is what I think, not sure, what the law is. He has no money now and his rent will be stopped also. His advisor knew he was on medication.

Thanks

Hi, I am sorry to hear of your sons problems, Addiction in many ways is an illness like any other, Like bedofweeds I am on some very addictive medications and perhaps understand how easy it to go down that path.

AS your son seen anyone other than your GP for help. If he as not then this may be of some use to him.

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/drugs/Pages/Drugtreatment.aspx

There is a stigma attached to addiction, there are many people who become addicted to the medications given to them by their GP without realising and some like your son for other reasons. There is no short term quick cure only long term care and guidance. The Governments attitude is short sighted because it denies them the help they really need.

I hope he gets the help he truly needs.

He has no money now and his rent will be stopped also.

Pay a visit to the local council office and fill out a zero income declaration - The council officials will have the correct forms to hand. Once the paperwork has been completed, housing and council tax benefits should continue as before.

Note: Once your son returns to JSA (or starts claiming ESA), he'd probably have to pay another visit to the council as his circumstances would have changed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

How comes no one tells you what you can do to protect yourself from hardship and homelessness. I called the council and they did not even mention this, why are they hiding this important information to the public, no wonder people are getting desperate and taking their own lives, this is all on Camerons and the rest of them heads, but they still sleep and eat and have holidays, wicked people. Sorry to go on. There is no humanity anymore. Animals treat each other better.

Thanks

Mashmallow

It isn't anyone's job to advise you of these things except welfare rights officers and the CAB. It might be a good thing for you to ask to see your local welfare rights officer as you may well be entitled as a family to more benefits you simply are unaware of. Also if a letter is sent to the council on your behalf by someone like that maybe next time you won't be kept in the dark quite so much about what help's available.

Forgive me mashmallow but does your Son receive his medication from the same practioner????? it seems to me if he is prescribed Methodone and Morphine at the same time this could be a dangerous concoction as they are both Opiate based, when one of my family members was prescribed Methodone it was stated never to prescribed any other Opiate based medication to them. Also if he is being prescribed Methodone for a Heroin addiction is he receiving help from a Drug Abuse Counsellor??? if so they may be able to help in securing him a Fit Note to claim ESA.

This is a long story he was with the CRI which is a drug and alcohol clinic for years, no support was ever given, he has tried many times to detox himself but failed he is now with a private clinic that gives support because they are private they cannot give sick notes any how he will ask, no he is not taking methodone that is why they are giving him morphine and diazipan with the hope this might be more usefull then the dredded methodone. My family support the cost which is about £50 per week. He will have to see if his Gp can give him a fit note.

Thanks for your advise.

Mashmallow

A private doctor cannot write NHS Med3 (sick/fit notes) but for ESA purposes, a letter from any doctor specifying the that patient is not capable of working due to their health problems can, at the DWP Decision Maker's discretion, be accepted for ESA. I used to process ESA sick notes - most such letters I saw were accepted.

Addiction is a recognised medical condition for ESA and I'd seriously consider going down this route if at all possible.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This is a long story he was with the CRI which is a drug and alcohol clinic for years, no support was ever given, he has tried many times to detox himself but failed he is now with a private clinic that gives support because they are private they cannot give sick notes any how he will ask, no he is not taking methodone that is why they are giving him morphine and diazipan with the hope this might be more usefull then the dredded methodone. My family support the cost which is about £50 per week. He will have to see if his Gp can give him a fit n

Thanks for your advise.

Mashmallow

Sorry I must have misunderstood you when you stated he was on Methodone in an earlier post, mixing 2 Opiate based medications is a dangerous concoction. I dont know why you say "the dredded Methodone" though??? my daughter beat her addiction with Methodone and is 10 years clean. As has been stated addiction is a recognised medical condition and I cant see there being a problem of his GP issuing a Fit Note, explaining to his GP how the medication and possible Mental Isuues affect his daily life.

No problem. And just to add, for a private doctor's letter to be accepted, it should be on headed notepaper, have the name and signature of the doctor, a brief description of the incapacity, clearly state that this makes the patient unable to work in that doctor's opinion, and give a time frame, which should not be more than six months for a first note.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.