lowells cca

gobby009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi recieved a letter some months ago from lowell about an old catalouge account i had from 2010 looking at my credit score lowells have defaulted me on this catalouge.so i sent them a cca request with the applicable 1 pounds admin fee.recieved a a office copy of the cca from lowells on saturday and a letter saying they look forward to proposals of repayment of £857 i have uploaded the cca they sent me.any advice on my next move would be greatly appreciated.thanks

just been going through this account details from the recieved sar i sent to shopdirect.and there are 10 174g 12 pound administration fees.even though shopdirect have sold this account to lowells can i write to shopdirect to have the admin charges taken of the account balance which would take me below the bankrupt threshold.also the account details say shopdirect sent me a section 87 default notice on the 19/07/2010 does the statue barred time start from that date.i dont recall getting a default notice from shopdirect.

As this account was started after april 2007, a creditor no longer has to prove you accepted the terms and conditions. All they have to prove is that you had benefit of the account and that would be shown by the statements of the accounts showing your payments.

A lot of these companies say they sent out a default notice where they haven't due to the fact they don't have to keep a copy. All they need to do is mark the account as defaulted. This I feel is wrong. Default notices should be sent by recorded delivery so that the creditor can prove one was sent and received. (bit of a moot point really)

Shop Direct are one of the few companies that do remove charges( and associated interest) when pushed so I encourage you to do so.

The Leeds Losers are using the threat of bankruptcy as a debt collection tool and if you are a homeowner, they are more likely to litigate than not so I feel it is important to keep up dialogue.

The SB timer starts from the cause of action-your first missed payment-NOT the default date (although DCA's like to believe the latter)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

thanks for ur reply foxy.can you point me to a template and a adrress to try and get the admin charges knocked of.

Have a look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?609-Can-t-find-the-letter-you-want-Look-here

There are some in section 3 which may help

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE