BEWARE.... be VERY careful with Hastings Direct

mdf11a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hastings Direct took a full years policy renewal, without my permission, knowledge or authorisation. I rang them as soon as I could and after an extremely unpleasant call they agreed to refund. I was advised that as I hadn't contacted them to advise I wanted to cancel they automatically took the money even though we had never recieved any documentation from us, I queried as to why, if they had not heard from us they had assumed that we wanted to go ahead, they advised me that this is the way it is done, I have NEVER automatically renewed as it is too expensive. I had previously emailed for a copy of my No Claims Discount (this should have been a clue that I was not staying with them?) and according to the site they will respond in 3 working days, now at day 4 no response,just called them and after waiting over half an hour to get through was advised, eventually, by one the rudest customer advisors it has been my displeasure to deal with that she would arrange for it to be emailed but it will take 24 hours, TWENTY FOUR HOURS to send an email !!! In every contact with this company I have come up against a brick wall, their advisors must have special training to be as obstructive as possible. Be warned they also charge for everything, change of address for example they want £35 !!! for changing an address on a computer? When I queried how they could justify this, they couldn't.

Hi md11a, Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. I am sorry that you are unhappy with the service you have received from Hastings, if you would like to get in contact with us directly and provide the policy details we would be happy to investigate this matter further? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

• 1 month later...

You have had a lucky escape. We are having a similar nightmare experience. They were told that absolutely under no circumstances did we want to renew and yet just what you describe has happened. They have sent threating and bullying letters when we don't have a policy with them (or even a car) and continue to harass. I cannot strongly enough or loudly enough NOT recommend these people.....................

If they continue then the next step will be BBC watchdog or maybe even a court action to stop all of this.

Hi r2uzenblot, Thank you for taking the time to post. We are very sorry to hear about this and would like to help get this matter resolved. Can you please contact us directly and provide the policy details so that we can investigate? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie