style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am behind in my rent and have a Possession order

On my home, in the past 3years I have been in and out of

Hospital battling cancer and post op problems

So I have been of work a fair bit, I have tried to keep up with my payments but some months I struggled and have fallen behind, back in april to save my home i agreed to pay £600 plus my housing benefit of £155 per month a total of £755.

I am finding this very difficult so contacted my housing association to request reducing my payment to £500 plus the housing benefit therefore paying £655 they have rejected this saying I need to clear the arrears so £550 plus benefit is as low as they will go and if I can't meet that we will go to court and allow a judge to decide.

My question is can they do this? They are putting me into hardship and the housing benefit ( which is designed to help people isn't !) any help/advise would be appreciated

Thank you

Hello and welcome to CAG. I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

I'll move your thread to the lettings forum, where the guys should be able to help. There will be a short term redirect from this forum for you to follow.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Simple answer is yes they can

HB is an entitlement to pay current rent, not arrears in most cases if payment made

Shelter regard rent as a priority payment.

Shelter/CAB may be able to advise if you are in receipt of all due benefits.