stanford and green levied on all the cars parked in my close subject to checks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all ,

yesterday, 14/08/13, Stanford and Green stuck a letter through my door , i live in a close , they have basically levied on everyones car that was parked in the close at the time , mine included, but have written subject to DVLA checks at the bottom ...... can they actually do this? levy with out proof let alone cars that dont belong to me ...

any info much appreciated

hi all ,

yesterday, 14/08/13, Stanford and Green stuck a letter through my door , i live in a close , they have basically levied on everyones car that was parked in the close at the time , mine included, but have written subject to DVLA checks at the bottom ...... can they actually do this? levy with out proof let alone cars that dont belong to me ...

any info much appreciated

No bloody way can they do this !! This is referred to by the DVLA as a "fishing expedition" and I can ASSURE you that DVLA will not allow this company to do this.

How many cars have been "levied upon"?

What sort of debt are they enforcing?

If council tax, do you know the amount of the Liability Order?

I have a "discussion" ongoing at this very moment in time on another thread regarding "Third Party Claims" and you post is clear proof of the serious problems that can arise next year when the government propose that if a levy is made upon a car that does not belong to the debtor that the (innocent) THIRD PARTY will be required to pay into court an amount equal to the value of the car together with the BAILIFF FEES accrued.

I hope that nobody minds but I am going to send you a PM for a copy of the document (with personal info removed).

in all , including mine 7. its for council tax i have found the court summons which states , council tax £387.11, summons costs; court £3.00 , council £52 total due £442.11. the letter from stanford and Green states ; arrears due to authority £472.11 ( there is a discrepancy to start with), fees £42.50, levy fees £39.38, attendance charges £125 total £678.99.

TT, you might not be able to pm lacypillows because they do not have sufficient privileges yet, if you want to message it to me, I will pass it on for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In almost all posts that I respond to I always ask the poster to obtain confirmation from the COUNCIL of the amount of the Liability Order and you post is PROOF that bailiffs companies do indeed mislead or LIE to the debtor as to the correct amount and this is sadly "industry practice" with so many bailiff companies fraudulently attempting to charge the debtor for two initial visits. The statutory fee scale allow a bailiff to charge a fee of £24.50 for "attending to levy" (where no levy was made) and a further 2nd visit can be charged at £18.00. UNLESS a levy is made, no further fees can be applied. In your case there appears to be a serious discrepancy of £30.

Worryingly, another "industry practice" fee is the "attendance fee" of £125.

The statutory fees scale only allows for an "attending to remove" fee to be applied to an account and such fee can ONLY be applied where the bailiff has PREVIOUSLY levied upon goods.

If the above is not serious enough, there is a also the additional matter of EXCESSIVE seizure. The bailiff has "seized" 7 vehicles for a debt of just £442.

The goods news is that with council tax debts, the LOCAL AUTHORITY are wholly responsible for the levy ( all 7 of them) and the fees charged by their AGENTS.

the council are stating £472.11 even though i have it in black and white from themselves on the summons its £442.11, its like banging your head on the wall!

so where do i stand with the fees/levys/ charges, car being hauled off etc, do i have any rights and im sure my neighbours know nothing of their cars being seized dvla checks or not

Do the council know that their agents have levied upon 7 cars?

Are you sure that the letter from the council is not to advise you that they are LOOKING to get a Laibility Order and does it say that we have obtained one?

i doubt very much the council know about the 7 cars, the letter from the council was a summons to appear in court , 09/07/2012, for non payment of council tax for the year 2012/2013 so im guessing a liability order was obtained , i have just emailed them again asking for a break down of amount actually owing fees and costs.

Any update ?

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS